• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do you like it? Painted side vent.

Metallicat

TY 4 Stroke God
Thought I would give it a try to see how it looks. Not too sure. It does match the red on my sled but it might be a bit too much. Sorta looks like bleeding gills from the side view.

9117445337.jpg

911744539.jpg

Sled has nice grafics with colour on hood.. It seens alittle in your face with the red vents .. Sled mite seem abit sleeker with them black.... That is just my opinion and that dose not meen to much... wife says !!! LOL
Do what YOU like .... good luck ;)!

Thanks for the replies. I only painted one vent, just to see how it looked. I also picked up some mineral spirits from Ace Hardware on the way home from work, in anticipating of removing the red paint and primer. If that fails, then I will be buying a new vent this fall.

Edit: too late, mineral spirts no worky. Add new vent to my list of items to buy this year.

iff all else fails, just paint over.... by the way i do like it...... leave it till ur sick of it.....

Metallicat said:
Thanks for the replies. I only painted one vent, just to see how it looked. I also picked up some mineral spirits from Ace Hardware on the way home from work, in anticipating of removing the red paint and primer. If that fails, then I will be buying a new vent this fall.

Edit: too late, mineral spirts no worky. Add new vent to my list of items to buy this year.

Paint 'em back over black if you don't like it

I think I'll try a satin red. The color is spot on, but the suspension arms and decals are more satin than gloss. I starting to like it now too. I'll do both vents this time and post some more pics. It would be cool to have the vent fins black, and the mesh behind them red or vise versa. But that isn't something that can be practically accomplished with my spray paint cans.

Back