• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do you like it? Painted side vent.

Your sled looks good !! I changed the vent colours on mine 3 times till I liked the look... Do what YOU like !!!
Have fun... :Rockon:

Being a red fanatic, I have to aggree with 4jwv, you just can't have too much red. Perhaps the problem is, you don't have eough red, yet.

atv said:
Being a red fanatic, I have to aggree with 4jwv, you just can't have too much red. Perhaps the problem is, you don't have eough red, yet.

Well, the rear suspension could potentially have red powdercoated arms when I take it out this fall to service the shock. ;)!

I can't find satin red spray paint. Any suggestions? Eveything is GLOSS and the gloss red makes the vents look like they are painted. I don't want them to look painted, I want them to look like they came that way from the factory.

I like it ALOT good job :Rockon:

Yamadoo

I love it now that both side vents are painted. I found that the Krylon Fusion Red isn't too glossy. I still used primer, though. Stupid trail permit sticker is crooked.

9720515016.jpg

The Fusion paint is made for plastics. You aren't supposed to have to use a primer with it, but the guy at the hardware store told me I would have better results if I used a primer so I used Kilz which is what he recommended. I used this combination on the nose vent last fall and the paint seems to stay very flexible with no cracking or flaking.

RIYAMAHA said:
Was the paint & primer made for plastic?

All that red should add about 5 mph to the top end!!! ;):D ha ha

It actually looks better with all the vents red ... nice.

I like. ;)!

OST said:
All that red should add about 5 mph to the top end!!! ;):D ha ha

It actually looks better with all the vents red ... nice.

I like. ;)!

Yeah, just like the red Doo idler wheels, they shaved 50lbs off of the sled and added 10mph to the top end. :tg:

vent

I cant get past that crocked trail pass. lol. The red vents look good. Gives it that personal touch. Nice to see sleds that are changed over factory. ;)!

Back