• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Doesn't want to start right away..

Rjnytrofx

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha nytro fx
1979 Yamaha enticer 250
Hey guys, my 08 nytro, runs great starts great when warm. But when cold it will turn over fine then bark and sound like it's going to start then just die. It will do this a couple times then it will start. Almost seems like it's not getting fuel right away. Any suggestions on what that could be? Thanks

Is it old gas or was it treated ? When was the last time sparkplugs were changed ?

Pete

The gas is from last year. And I just bought it so I'm not sure as when the plugs were changed

Won't hurt to change those plugs and put some fresh gas in her. I bet that will do the trick.

Pete

Plugs will go bad from shutting it off before it has been completely warmed up on these sleds. If there is lots of gas in it you should drain the gas before you fill it. Wouldnt hurt to dump some sea foam in it too.

Okay I will try that, have you guys had or heard of this problem before?

My 2012 nytro xtx always takes about 3 tries to start it. Even when its warm out. First turn key turn it Runs for about a second. Second key turn it runs for about 3 seconds. Third key turn it will usually stay started, or else there could be one more try.

Ours when really cold will fire 2 times and shut off and stay running on the third start. 95% of the time though they are in a heated shop so they lite up right away. My buddies when parked outside no matter what temperature will always take 3 tried before it stays running.

Ours when really cold will fire 2 times and shut off and stay running on the third start. 95% of the time though they are in a heated shop so they lite up right away. My buddies when parked outside no matter what temperature will always take 3 tried before it stays running.
Alright, so seems pretty normal, nothing to worry about

Could also be the fuel pump relay. Mine would run for a minute when really cold out, then die. Switched to new red relay and seems to have fixed it.

Yeah seems like mines the only one. I don't mind it I just hope it starts in the real cold days.

If I leave my sled outside and it gets really cold it will take a couple trys to get it running. If its in the garage though is fires in a split second.

Not *. my sled if it's nicer then - 10 it will start up right away, it's just once it gets past - 15 it starts to take a atleast 2 or 3 times to completely fire up and stay running

Back