• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hard starting when cold

Apex2007se

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Apex
half way trough last winter my apex became hard to start when cold. It cranks sputters then starts and runs rough till it starts to warm up. Have afr gauge and is at 13.5 to 13.8 on start up. have pc3 on it and have not taken fuel away and co‘s are at 0. Have had suggestions, remove pciii, new plugs, adjust valves, possibly Ivac not working properly. Anyone else who’s had apex too lean on cold start would like to hear your solution. Only have 15000km on sled.

i would do the plugs 1st. how old is the fuel?

Plugs might help. Why is it so lean on startup. Should be low 12,s till it warms up?

never ran an af gauge on mine to see what it is doing. only times my 11 has acted weird on cold start up is when it needed plugs, old gas, -40 c and really cold out with low gas in the tank. come to think of it, it is a harder start when it has below 1/4 tank cold. sled has 30000 km atm.

How do I do that? You think a sensor is reading coolant temp warmer than it is, causing lean condition?
Search this site, or maybe someone will link the thread for the procedure. I have seen one time where the coolant sensor was giving an inaccurate reading and the sled wouldn't start.

Had a similar problem, replaced my battery and removed foam padding so I could more CCA amps. (Idea on this forum somewhere)
It solved the problem but I am in Northern Canada and I still need a booster pack if it’s sat in -30 for a few days if it’s not plugged in…

HOW OLD IS THE BATTERY?? IF LONGER THAN 6 MONTHS REPLACE IT YOU WOULDNT IMAGINE THE #*$&@ MY NYTRO DID AND THE AMOUNT OF HOURS I SPENT REPLACING AND CHECKING PARTS ONLY TO INSTALL A NEW BATTERY AND THE SLED RAN FINE EVEN IF U THINK THE BATTERY IS READING GOOD AND HOLDING THE CHARGE IF ITS OLDER THAN 6 MONTHS REPLACE IT ALWASY START THERE ON THESE NYTROS

Back