• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Driving or Riding

Do you

• Ride a Snowmobile

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Drive a Snowmobile

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Tricky Nick

Going Vertical
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper MTX 162 Turbo
Back up sled AC M7
Disclaimer: This rant is not ment to offend or bash any one person or groupe of people

Do you DRIVE a snowmobile or do you RIDE a snowmobile?

I see a lot of people using drive instead of ride when talking about snowmobiles. Now just an observation but this seems more common amongst trail riders than the back country riders and people using Km instead of Mph. So maybe its just what part of the world you're from

You DRIVE a Car, a Bus and a Truck. All have a steering wheels and have the ability to carry multiple people. The word extends from the olden days when people would drive horses from behind while sitting on their horse drawn carriages much like the now days front mounted engines in most cars

You RIDE a Dirt bike, Four wheeler and Snowmobile. All are primarily ment for single occupance and are operated with handel bars instead of a steering wheel. You ride a snowmobile/dirt bike etc much like you would ride a horse with one leg on each side of the seat (or saddle) and the power plant for the most part underneath you.

Now this is not ment to be a grammer lesson by any means. Just a rant. Feel free to express your opinion

I think they are a bit of both. When you do the technical riding, like boondocking, snocross, freestyle etc you RIDE the sled and when you are out on the trails and touring you DRIVE the sled. When you have to use the hole body you are Riding, otherwisw you are Driving. It's my opinion :)

To me I feed you can do both. People that ride there sled, dirt bike, quad etc are doing just that, RIDING it. People who drive there vehicle are in control of there vehicle and making it do what they want. To me riding is lack of control when machine or beast potentially could have control and the rider is just going through the motions and out to see the scenery. When you drive, you typically are pushing the machine to your and machines limits or getting it to do what you want it to do.

To me I feed you can do both. People that ride there sled, dirt bike, quad etc are doing just that, RIDING it. People who drive there vehicle are in control of there vehicle and making it do what they want. To me riding is lack of control when machine or beast potentially could have control and the rider is just going through the motions and out to see the scenery. When you drive, you typically are pushing the machine to your and machines limits or getting it to do what you want it to do.
^^^ lol yeah ive heard those boosted Phazers are pretty fun.

By your definition Driving sounds pretty lame. Glad im a Rider

As for scenery here you go not a trail to Drive in sight

As a rider much skill is needed to get to this destination. No driving here
20140411_150050_zps3xgndcvy.jpg

One time I was driving it down the road and around a corner too fast for the conditions and had to ride it into the bush. I don't think I was driving when I left the road.

I know you are being sarcastic but that's still pretty funny RX1

Not too much sarcasm there, one of my first years riding on an old 97 Venture (long track with 4" carbides) and all my buddies took the corner on a hard packed road with ease but my sled had other ideas. No injuries and lesson learned but it was a little scary 'riding' that thing into the hardwood. Still have the picture of it climbing the tree! Bent the ski back a bit and was good for the rest of the weekend- gotta love Yamahas.

Ouch! Good idea. If it's not started when I get to my stop I'll start it.

Back