• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where's the SNOW ?

nytro addict

Expert
This has to be the worst winter ever for me. We only had a few excellent weeks of snow here in the southern WI. For atleast in my county of the state. I think the trails by me where only open for around 3 weeks. Well I did ride as much as possible, when there was good snow. But when the trails start turning to dirt, I personally park it. This weather has been so unpredictable. Today it's raining again and I can see my grass already. This is so sad. Want to take trip up to the nothern part of WI. But people that have taken the trips say save your money. From what I've been told the trails are not that great there either. So what to do? Guess I'll keep doing my snow dance and pray even harder for more snow. Sorry for the rant. I hope everyone else is having a better year with the snow and riding.

were not, no snow and rain here in SW Michigan. they say snow next week but it wont be enough to ride. i am willing to do the snow dance naked if it would help.

2 inches of rain for us tomorrow in upstate NY. All the snow will be gone and the lake will be bad for a while too....

I was out riding all day yesterday they are still
grooming here at night( on the land based trails). the swamps only have about 8 inches of ice im guessign as it is passable for sleds but not groomers. We only have a few closed trails. The rain tomorrow for us will most likely destroy the base in the feilds.

We also have had no ridable snow at all, locals trails have not opened at all this year. I have not used a snowblower, or a shovel since last january. We have had ridable snow in the high northern areas but they got one or two minimal stroms and that was it. The temps were in the 20's/teens all january so that little snow lasted well. But now tonight they are forecasting 48 degrees with 2-3" of heavy rain by this time tomorrow, this goes for the mountains as well. So not only has it been bad, but its pretty much time to fog the sleds for the summer after tonight.
I sold one sled a week ago, glad I did. I want an apex and found plenty, but cant justify the spend.
These winter are ridiculous.. Only good thing from it... I haven't had to do any snow removal. That also in its own depresses me.

I have rode about 1000 miles up north this year and in Bayfield county its been a epic year for trails, we ride Cable area every year and they havent been this good in a LONG time, they are getting 6-8 inches today and we are headed that direction Thursday. I have loged 1400 miles this year and plan to match my total from last year of 2500. Cable area is a hiden gem, most people go to the UP or Eagle River area only to deal with heavy traffic and beat up trails, they do their best with the groomers but Saterday night in the UP/Hurley area can be down right horrible. Cheer up man, I am not far from you and live in Columbia county, the trails closed yesterday for the first time this season and have been great all year, if we get 3-6 inches they will be back to good in no time, find yourself a trailer and come this way if you don't want to go up north. If the trails get muddy here and there I ride em anyway I can get em, I have all summer to polish and fix the damage I do during the winter, its a snowmobile....not a collector car.

Sorry guys, but I had to do it.

Attachments

• trail1.jpg
    trail1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 121
  • trail2.jpg
    trail2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 116
How long is the drive to Maine???? :drink:

60 degrees and raining outside here in Syracuse. Praying for a blizzard or a massive lake effect to put the trails back together. :o|

Easily a weekend trip. Take Friday off, ride a little on Friday late in the day then all day Saturday. Come to the right place and you could easily pull a 400 mile weekend and be home Sunday night.

Greasemonkey said:
Hey Snakebit,
What part was that taken? How are the conditions around Caribou? Are you going to get bad weather out of this s%&# today?

Those were actually taken the weekend of New Years. Since then the trails have actually improved.

Those were up in Jackman, right about 2 miles from the Canadian Border. Haven't done a Country trip yet this year, but all are saying it is just as sweet up there.

Around here (Augusta/Midcoast) we are going to get like an inch or so of rain. What it will do to the trails I have no idea... at least around here. The forecast for Jackman called for just 1/4 inch. The trails there will take that and laugh.

Have you ever done the Jackman area?

Have you ever done the Jackman area?[/quote]
I've only ridden in Maine as a day trip from New Brunswick or Quebec. Usually from Grand Falls or into the Fort Kent areas. I can say that with what I have experienced, it can be phenomenal. Some of those rail beds are a blast. Some areas that I rode rivaled anything that Canada had to offer, just not as long. I'll have to try it someday as a planned trip. The problem is it's like 14 hrs into northern Maine from my house. It actually takes longer to get there than Riviere du Loop.

Back