• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Duraflex Ice Scratcher Mount Location

TheKoning

Extreme
I bought a pair of dura flex ice scratchers (as seen below mounted on an AC's skid or something)
Duraflex-Ice-Scratchers-1205.jpg

I am interested to see where people placed them. The only spot i see on a nytro xtx skid frame that is not too far back is in front of the idler wheel that the spring is sitting on. Because of the idler wheel there is no spot for me to wrap the scratcher onto the skid frame, in the case i dont want them down at that moment. Or do people run them down all the time?
I want to see pics please :)

How about a good ole piece of bicycle tire inner tube. Fourteen inches long, cut a one inch hole at one end, feed that end around the tread of the running board and run the other end through the hole, then hook your scratcher into the two little holes that you cut into the end that is hanging down.
DSC02902.JPG

If you can move the wheel further forward and put the scratcher behind. This is where I have them mounted on a MTX . We leave ours down all the time. Sometimes I have to unhook one because it will flick up and get hooked on the rail at high speeds.
20140118_182851.jpg

Mounted mine in existing hole as pictured....first run (70 mile), my butt and back got wet as heck....they throw snow and ice GREAT. Now I did this mod as shown in pics... Still need to see if mod worked....but that's definitely where the snow and ice was coming from....I have my tunnel blocked off....

Back