• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dyno Results

SledFreak said:
Would you spin that motor that high?

My only concern is the Clutch itself. The Apex has a gear reduction for a reason that said I've seen lots of SX's run super hit RPM for lots of miles with ZERO issue. The Sled actually ran Flawlessly at the RPM.

I will ask the DYNO guy the next time I talk to him about HP numbers for the barker at 9200

I used to turn my Honda CBR600F2 14,000 rpm for hours when we raced it. That motor is fine. Please!

Were you using Barkers map for the pciIII? I have everything you have on a 08 RTX and with the insert it's not that bad on the sound. Open however, wow!

yooper1 said:
I used to turn my Honda CBR600F2 14,000 rpm for hours when we raced it. That motor is fine. Please!

Were you using Barkers map for the pciIII? I have everything you have on a 08 RTX and with the insert it's not that bad on the sound. Open however, wow!

Not sure if he used Barkers map. Barker gave him the muffler to be tested on the dyno with all the mods I made.

Going back to someone said the Dyno must read low. the Dyno showed the Exact HP Dyno tech showed when Allen went there and tested.

Dynotech showed 148 (header only, K&N's and PCIII), not 146..

Did you get a stock baseline HP number or did you have the mods on prior to dynoing?

SledFreak said:
Dynotech showed 148 (header only, K&N's and PCIII), not 146..

All motors arn't the same. Mine showed 146.2 that's 1.8 hp lower. There are many factors air temp, Barometric pressure, Humidity, and different motor. Allens sled might have been 1.8 Hp stronger in stock form.

My point was on was right there numbers wise.

SledFreak said:
Would you spin that motor that high?

The motor itself will withstand it fairly well. The clutching efficiency above 9,000 rpm goes way down. You could spin it that high for a 1/4 mile race, but do not do it for every day down the trail type riding.

Would you say the ulmer kits would give you the same horsepower I am looking at on that about same but it's 1800 for everything.. But this kit comes with a clutch kit to!!! But I am looking to up grade to PC 5 to!

Bowhead XTX said:
Would you say the ulmer kits would give you the same horsepower I am looking at on that about same but it's 1800 for everything.. But this kit comes with a clutch kit to!!! But I am looking to up grade to PC 5 to!

if you are looking for a turn key setup....go to ulmer and yes you will get whats claimed...he's as straight as an arrow!

Back