• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine oil

Tommyboy

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro
I've read some positive feedback on castrol edge syntec 0w 40, put over 5000km last year during a cold winter, good results

We have been running Mobile 1 0w-40 European formula and have had no issues. I grab it when CT puts in on sale for $26 a gallon.

Redline 0/40 here. Runs way smoother, and super quit. Runs way setter than any other oil I've used.

AMSOIL 0-40 snowmobile....with no issues in sled, quad, snow blower, and anything else 4 stroke I use in the winter.

Amsoil 0-40 here. Run synthetic of everything.

I have always stuck with the Yamaha full syn.

are negative reasons not to go with yamaha's oil?
thanks.

Only negative reason would be the price of Yamaha oil. When the other oil is not on sale they are all about the same price per liter.

There are no negatives, just that there are group 4 and 5 synthetics out there that are better oils. But even then I highly doubt that you would ever have a motor issue using yamalube or any other oil for that matter.

alright thanks, good to know there isnt any corrosive additives or something stupid in it

Somewhere on here is a whole thread about oil. Who uses what and I think it even goes into chain case oil and who makes yamalube.

I've used Yamalube and never had an issue the key gentleman is to change your oil regularly.

Reactions: RED

Back