• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EPS Conversion?

Well I have some good news and some potentially bad news. The good news is I found the connectors:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264512114207 (for the diagnostic connector)

The potential bad news is that the the ECU/Gauge may still be involved with communicating to the PSU through the CAN BUS. If you look at the part number description for the gauge, it actually says "GAUGE,LCD-TACH/SPEEDO-CALIB-4 STRK-EPS", and is a distinct part number for the 2022-2024's.

Sitting in the garage the PS works. As some have suggest I've tried to figure it out if it backs off with speed on a track stand, but I can't discern it because there is no load on the steering. Only when I get it on the snow will I know if the assist backs off as speed increases.

ebay also has the 2cnd connector ...prewired.....search 15454358......seller Alamo City Performance....$14

So is this speed sensing? I thought I read throughout this thread it wasn't working.

I could be wrong.

So is this speed sensing? I thought I read throughout this thread it wasn't working.

I could be wrong.
Yes. The EPS reads speed data from the ECU via CANBUS connection. IT decreases assist with speed like factory OEM. No need for the ECU, the EPS unit only reads speed data and adjusts accordingly. I have installed this on my 2019 and works the same as my 22 did.

Well I have some good news and some potentially bad news. The good news is I found the connectors:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264512114207 (for the diagnostic connector)

The potential bad news is that the the ECU/Gauge may still be involved with communicating to the PSU through the CAN BUS. If you look at the part number description for the gauge, it actually says "GAUGE,LCD-TACH/SPEEDO-CALIB-4 STRK-EPS", and is a distinct part number for the 2022-2024's.

Sitting in the garage the PS works. As some have suggest I've tried to figure it out if it backs off with speed on a track stand, but I can't discern it because there is no load on the steering. Only when I get it on the snow will I know if the assist backs off as speed increases.
to be honest if its communicating via canbus is good news. that means its relatively easy to reverse engineer the communication signals between ecu and psu. I have yet to read 5 more pages of this thread so this might already been adresses. but that seems to me like a relatively easy projet to ,ake a standlone microcontroler

Just finishing an EPS install on my 22 SRX.....looks to be plug & play......all the holes are there......the wiring harness is there.....nothing needs to be relocated. If you are contemplating doing a 22 or newer, have a look, right side holes have plastic plugs in them....wire harness is tied to the cross frame in front of the engine, plug is just beneath the right charge tube........

ps....this install is not for a guy with big hands....much of the work is done through the tie rod openings....and you can't see WTF you're doing

to be honest if its communicating via canbus is good news. that means its relatively easy to reverse engineer the communication signals between ecu and psu. I have yet to read 5 more pages of this thread so this might already been adresses. but that seems to me like a relatively easy projet to ,ake a standlone microcontroler

I think that can is is only used to deliver current speed and for the error messages. The eps ecu is standalone otherwise.

ECU and Gauge are not needed. It is a stand alone EPS that merely reads the speed from the canbus. So this OEM solution can be back-fitted to 17 and newer sleds. In this thread you see some early debate, which was settled, and all of the basic instructions and parts to do it yourself, or have a competent tech do it for you. You do not need a wire harness, though you will need the connectors also listed in this thread to make your own jumper harness

Just finishing an EPS install on my 22 SRX.....looks to be plug & play......all the holes are there......the wiring harness is there.....nothing needs to be relocated. If you are contemplating doing a 22 or newer, have a look, right side holes have plastic plugs in them....wire harness is tied to the cross frame in front of the engine, plug is just beneath the right charge tube........

ps....this install is not for a guy with big hands....much of the work is done through the tie rod openings....and you can't see WTF you're doing
Looking into this. I have a 22, so by your post all I need is the parts. All plug and play? No jumpers, splicing connectors, ect? If so it will be this years money pit project. LOL!

Looking into this. I have a 22, so by your post all I need is the parts. All plug and play? No jumpers, splicing connectors, ect? If so it will be this years money pit project. LOL!
Non EPS 22s have the holes and the wiring harness so they are easier

Checking to see if anyone has installed the OEM power steering on a 2018 Sidewinder. Would appreciate any helpfull info.

Back