• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Error 43 Relays - Whatever I touch Won't Start

gc_srt

Pro
Two days in a row with two different Nytros. Yesterday went for a drive with my best buddies brother trying to spread the love of Yamaha and couldn't start my 09 XTX on the trailer. Drove it onto the trailer but not off it. Wasn't that cold, only minus 25 but gave error code 43 - low fuel pump / injector voltage. After playing around with it and putting a booster on it, it started. Okay great, went for a drive but the clutch was acting up in powder and at high speeds, see my previous post. Okay it after smoking a Ptec 800 and Etec 800 and being smoked by a Turbo 1000 Cat, put it on trailer to went home.

Today, as my clutch was toast, I borrowed my fathers 10 XTX and went for a cruise. As it is new, didn't drive it too hard but had a little fun. Well after stopping and ice fishing I tried to start that one - same temperature but same issue. Tried to boost it and still would not work. Okay, I will play with the relays. After that, started right up.

I heard there is a solution to such problems. Can someone please enlighten me please? An update to the 2011 Nytros.

Tits or tracks, it will give you troubles!

Thanks,

Yeah I've had the same issue. I swapped the fuel relay out and I have not had the problem since, not sure if the relays were upgraded or just my new one has not been compromised yet.. I believe moisture gets into the relay and sort of freezes it up. Warming it up solves the problem but it is hard to get at. I believe it is the 3rd one back from the front if memory serves.

I have 2012 Nytro RTX, 200 miles, that is doing the same thing. Two days in a row it would not start -5f. I took out the third relay back and warmed it up it still did not want to start put in a mopar relay that is suppose to be the same it still didnt start. I was going to change the #1 relay with the #3 relay but before I did that it decided to start the fuel pump and then worked fine all day. This morning the it was back to no fuel, no start. I ordered a new relay from Yammy today. I guess I need to keep the spoiled baby in the heated garage.

Update on my 2012 relay problems, Didn't do anything to it yesturday when it wouldnt start, but today the relay kicked in and the sled started fine(-15f). After further inspection the front relay on the 2012 turns on the fuel pump. Cleaned connectors and will install the dieelctric connecter stuff tommorrow.

Did it again! And also to a 2010 apex that we ride with. All within a week. It's not liked it's that cold either. I will buy the updated relays and hope that helps. Any one try anything but Yamaha relays?

Back