• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Everything I had heard was true about the Viper

rbig18

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper ltx se
Live in Texas, get one week a year to ride in the UP. Trip was 3rd week of Feb on a new Viper. Basically everything I heard about this sled was true:

The Good
Handled great compared to my Apex
LTX SE - too much rebound in rear skid but not too bad (shock re-valve needed - Hello Canondale)
Decent on gas after initial break-in
Oil change was a pain in the A$$ - Hate the site glass idea and I am sure chain case will be even more fun.

The Bad
Backfire - check , not a lot but under deceleration it is there occasionally
Strange Starting - Check, never had extreme to cold to test but when engine cold usually second try. When warm it is a crap shoot. Sometime first try, sometimes second try and even had 2-3 times on 4th try. Just embarrassing they can't get this right. I am suppose to have latest flash

All in all great trip and great sled. Got 899 miles in exactly.

So I have confirmed that you folks on this forum are not full of crap :)

People on this site ride the piss out of there machines and post real world issues, good bad and ugly.
Everybody helps out in there own right.
This site is GOLD!!!!!!!

[QUOTE
This site is GOLD!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Espacially the FAQ section. I frequently review it to stay ahead of possible issues on my Viper. I prefer to do preventive maintenance vice losing riding days in the winter (so short).

Back