• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Excell Exhaust Install

acesfan05

Extreme
I am going to put the Excell Exhaust with the header and Power Commander. Has anyone does this exact install? and if so, how long did it take you?

Any details would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Will

Should only take a few hours taking your time. It is very straight forward and simple. The only tough part was bolting the clamp around the Excell muffler with the cover on. I ended up drilling two holes in the cover so I could use a socket and ratchet from the outside of the cover. After I was done I covered the holes with aluminum tape. Made the job easier. Might consider putting in some new plugs while you have the gas tank off.
;)!
Good Luck
NB

3 hours minamum, if your a decent mechanic.Instructions were garbage & ended after the removal of the old header. Reinstalling the old header bracket is the worst part of the job. Fit & finish on the new header is perfect. Allen said no power comander was required,so spend your money on clutching.

nytroD said:
3 hours minamum, if your a decent mechanic.Instructions were garbage & ended after the removal of the old header. Reinstalling the old header bracket is the worst part of the job. Fit & finish on the new header is perfect. Allen said no power comander was required,so spend your money on clutching.

Nah won't take that long. Installation pretty smooth. I don't know why he'd recommend no power commander.

Yamahnator said:
nytroD said:

Nah won't take that long. Installation pretty smooth. I don't know why he'd recommend no power commander.

told me no power commander needed.unless i have a hesition,so far so good.

Make's sense because all efi systems can compensate for more or less fuel, ie air temp. & elevation. My understanding is only intake & exhaust mods would require more fuel. Exhaust only--no. Siscakidd, how long did your install take?

3 hours including taking the gas tank off twice because i forgot to put the the heat shield on,was in a hurry to hear that bad boy bark.

Make sure you take Northernboy's advice on drilling two holes in the heat shield. I tried every type of socket, universal joint, and wrench, to tighten the nuts on the muffler clamp. Then I stared at the thing for about another half an hour before drilling the holes.

Back