• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust cover/shield

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hi guys I'm not sure if the viper is the same bit on the Nytro I have had it off twice now getting it off is a peice of cake but getting it on and wrestling with it trying to keep the grommets in place after losing them several times is a pita is there a mod to make this easier
Or does anyone have any tips?
idk why they designed it that way

I've pulled mine a few times and had the same issues, if you just loosen the bolt for the pipe and remove the allen bolts at the rear you can slide the cover and pipe off together. I use an automotive body tool to hold the front of the cover over the studs and just pull and wiggle then make sure you have it lined up with the pipe before pushing it back on then dropping it down over the studs.

I just used a plastic Bone Tool, i have a few of them with different bends and angles, just lift the cover and slide the tool in to hold it over the studs in the tunnel. the midpipe has had plenty of flex to allow the muffler to come up and straight out. Im sure you could just use 1X something wood too.

Back