• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

feedback and best deal on GoPro?

Future Shop has the Contour HD for $150... Pretty good deal imo.

If your thinking about buying a gopro i would go pick one up right now on amazon. 219 dollars for the motorsports package with free shipping.

I have two GoPros. If I were to go about buying a vid camera again it would not be the GoPro. Its a cheaply built unit. The sequence of button pressing to get your settings to where you want them is a pain. One camera is already broken and out of warranty. No view finder(thats not a add on)

Now that one is broken Im really looking a the Contour I really like the idea of using my iPhone as a view finder. Very cool idea.

Bamboo said:
I have two GoPros. If I were to go about buying a vid camera again it would not be the GoPro. Its a cheaply built unit. The sequence of button pressing to get your settings to where you want them is a pain. One camera is already broken and out of warranty. No view finder(thats not a add on)

Now that one is broken Im really looking a the Contour I really like the idea of using my iPhone as a view finder. Very cool idea.

Agreed on the bold. I had mine going on the white water rafting trip last weekend. The first trip went fine, the second trip down the river we had what the guide a 'catastrophic' event. :lol: Of course, through the wonderful sequence of button pushes, I missed the second trip where 4 of us almost died. (Inexperience in class 5 rapids). After I drug my dead tired #*$&@ up on the river bank I was thinking how great it was I got it on video.

GoPro fail.

wow... 150 shipped and seems to be a better unit. thanks for all the feedback.

Just found the ContourHD on Circuit City's website for $120. I might have to buy one myself.

Back