• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally picked up the xtx today!!!!

Well just got in from putting some hard miles on it finally. The sled flat out rips. Smoked my buddies sled in a little race and got to play in some good powder. What a blast to ride this sled. U guys will not be disappointed. Had the sled stood rightupin some nice cattails today and I cant stop the perma grin when looking riding or listening to this sweet sled. After coming off of a 2 up 600 this sled has a way better fun factor and its gonna be hard to go back to work this week. But since there is snow goin back out in the morning. Might as well keep that yammy howling thru the fields and busting every drift I can find. The onlything pissing me off now isnthe headlight adadjustment. Have to take the hood off to get at it with a bunch of the torx bolts. But I guess ill need to adjust it sooner or later. :sled1: :4STroke:

ryan466 said:
The woman is riding right beside me on her skidoo and sometimes she is in a hot tub. Anyways here is the first 100 mile review. We were out and it was at most -28C and the sled ran great. The wind deflection was pretty good for the hands and when riding I had to turn the warmers down to low so no problem with the hand warmers. This sled sounds mean and initially I was going to get a can for it but I really like the sound of the stock exhaust. The dealer setup the suspension for "fat guy" as I call it and worked awesome for me and I am around 300 lbs. No need for any extras for suspension wise. There are no packed trails around home but in the powder was awesome and handled really well. Even ventured out and did some drift busting and small jumps, the sled handled great. The only gripe about the sled is it intakes snow in the front and steams up thru the vents and everywhere else. I think there might be some icing issues with pulling the panels off but that remains to be seen.
Well I would love to go on and on how much this sled rocks but I am off to put another 100 miles on the viper ... Have a great weekend and ...... GO RIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

:sled1:

Thanks Ryan.......great review. Coming off a Cat I did have some concerns about the hand/thumb warmers so that's good to hear that they are plenty warm. I didn't really care about the wind deflection cuz I just liked the look of the windshield. Also good to hear . I do have hand guards coming that will only help what sounds like a good setup already. Can't wait for my X-TX to arrive.

I'm from Winnipeg............3 and 15 this year but you know I can't cheer for the Riders. Good luck and hope your banjo doesn't freeze.......LOL !!!

Ryan thanks for the review.
I think by removing the grill ahead of the steering post you can adj. the head light. I tried to see if possible, think it is 4mm. Might have a magnet, rag or maybe a magnetic dish under if one drops something. This probably would be best done in a warm shop.

How was the ice build-up in the tunnel? Our Nytro and Apex get a pretty good build up in those temperatures.

Glad to hear your enjoying the new ride ryan! I too should be getting to pick my xtx up this coming week, just waiting for the dealer to get the turbo put on and can't wait!!!

freelance said:
ryan466 said:
The woman is riding right beside me on her skidoo and sometimes she is in a hot tub. Anyways here is the first 100 mile review. We were out and it was at most -28C and the sled ran great. The wind deflection was pretty good for the hands and when riding I had to turn the warmers down to low so no problem with the hand warmers. This sled sounds mean and initially I was going to get a can for it but I really like the sound of the stock exhaust. The dealer setup the suspension for "fat guy" as I call it and worked awesome for me and I am around 300 lbs. No need for any extras for suspension wise. There are no packed trails around home but in the powder was awesome and handled really well. Even ventured out and did some drift busting and small jumps, the sled handled great. The only gripe about the sled is it intakes snow in the front and steams up thru the vents and everywhere else. I think there might be some icing issues with pulling the panels off but that remains to be seen.
Well I would love to go on and on how much this sled rocks but I am off to put another 100 miles on the viper ... Have a great weekend and ...... GO RIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

:sled1:

Thanks Ryan.......great review. Coming off a Cat I did have some concerns about the hand/thumb warmers so that's good to hear that they are plenty warm. I didn't really care about the wind deflection cuz I just liked the look of the windshield. Also good to hear . I do have hand guards coming that will only help what sounds like a good setup already. Can't wait for my X-TX to arrive.

I'm from Winnipeg............3 and 15 this year but you know I can't cheer for the Riders. Good luck and hope your banjo doesn't freeze.......LOL !!!

CONGRATULATIONS GREY CUP CHAMP !!!...........and proud owner of a Viper XTX !!!

I know. Finally grey cup champs again. There was no ice buildup at all at those temps and that was kinda nice not go worry about. Got the sled flying today and noticed the throttle cable is loose and the squeeze lever is really loose and floping around quite a bit. Gonna try to get that looked at. It kinda pisses me off that the fun thumb switch is loose and I have at least 1/2 inch of play before the throttle cable becomes tight and ready for action. Gonna look into just tightening up the cable myself and be done with it unless its a real bitch?????

I don't think it should be too hard. Looks like the adjuster is out in the open right by the riser block. And as a side note, these things flat out rock!!! Picked mine up and got to test the turbo setup, what a blast!!!!

Back