• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flash Comparisons - TD-Hurricane-EVO other

95% of the riders on here are trail riders and what’s most important to a trail rider? Reliability, who cares who makes 2hp more than the last guy TD has the best reliability record and makes amazing power as Mitchell Moeller has proven with his asphalt promod running 5.13 on stock clutches. Not to mention if not the largest one of the largest selections to suit everyone’s needs.

Actually i don't want to see a HP comparison.
And a side by side run wouldn't help much either since there are WAY to0 many factors involved.

I can say this. I have a tuner for street motorcycles that i consider to be one of the best. He does his initial tune on the dyno & then he rides it.
Then he re-tunes, then rides, then re-tunes over & over & over.
When he is all done, the HP numbers are actually DOWN a bit, but the rideability & smoothness especially on the street is second to none.

Now, i WOULD like to hear some real life reports on these tunes, not just "it rips dude", but actual info.
I'm talking when the power comes on or the track spins too much down low now or my gas mileage sucks or IT BLEW UP!
I'd like un-biased assessments that stay cordial enough before the thread gets deleted, but honest enough so individuals can choose the tune that best fits THEM!
Not everyone wants pure Horse Power..........i mean we WANT it, we just realize we shouldn't have it.
The problem is the mod guys dont let anyone else ride their sleds and most change more than tune. Whos the Tuner that offers Traction Control?

The problem is the mod guys dont let anyone else ride their sleds and most change more than tune. Whos the Tuner that offers Traction Control?
You guys all push for quick spool now. You want slow spool? Just to be clear if we should add slow spool the list lol!

Traction control there is no such thing on a sled. Only very fancy standalone Ecus have rudimentary versions of it... Actual real TC is only available in automotive application... Using ABS wheel speed sensors etc...

A sled has none of these inputs and cannot have a true traction control.

You guys all push for quick spool now. You want slow spool? Just to be clear if we should add slow spool the list lol!

Traction control there is no such thing on a sled. Only very fancy standalone Ecus have rudimentary versions of it... Actual real TC is only available in automotive application... Using ABS wheel speed sensors etc...

A sled has none of these inputs and cannot have a true traction control.
It was directed at Steve with OCD who wants driveability. Traction Control would be nice if able to disable. I get you. We only have track speed sensor. Would need another on skis or something. Wouldn't be hard to do. These guys are what I meant.
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/precision-efi-launch-boost-and-traction-control.149970/

Apparently a tuner can’t explain what they have to offer their customers on this site anymore.

It was directed at Steve with OCD who wants driveability. Traction Control would be nice if able to disable. I get you. We only have track speed sensor. Would need another on skis or something. Wouldn't be hard to do. These guys are what I meant.
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/precision-efi-launch-boost-and-traction-control.149970/

The best way is to have a drive by wire setup like ski doo.. That allows for better power control...not traction control. Which is what it should be called.

Ski doo system like on the pwcs and 900 ace turbo allow throttle modulations control using fly by wire throttle. Ecu has full control of the throttle.

In eco mode wot is let's say 25% throttle... And throttle isn't as responsive to let novice riders learn the machine or just have a smooth relaxing ride.

No such is is available on the sidewinder having a mechanical throttle. Tuners can tone down the timing map and slow the spool of the turbo.

However imo I have never felt the need to do so ever. If I need to not accelerate hard I just control the flipper manually.

The best way is to have a drive by wire setup like ski doo.. That allows for better power control...not traction control. Which is what it should be called.

Ski doo system like on the pwcs and 900 ace turbo allow throttle modulations control using fly by wire throttle. Ecu has full control of the throttle.

In eco mode wot is let's say 25% throttle... And throttle isn't as responsive to let novice riders learn the machine or just have a smooth relaxing ride.

No such is is available on the sidewinder having a mechanical throttle. Tuners can tone down the timing map and slow the spool of the turbo.

However imo I have never felt the need to do so ever. If I need to not accelerate hard I just control the flipper manually.
I am thinking track spin. I know my truck controls with throttle. Can put it right to floor on ice or snow and will only increase rpm once it senses movement. More movement more throttle. For a trail rider who doesnt want studs it would be nice and if done right it could even be a edge in a race where traction is the key. But yea drive by wire would make traction control much better/easier.

Why do people want to pit two great innovators against each other. They both, from what I can tell. offer solid, well thought out and useful products. This is just another Ford/Chevy argument that serves no purpose. I commend Hurricane for choosing not to get into a pissing contest as nothing good can happen and you normally end up with urine on your feet. As long as there are two or four or six people working towards a better end, we all win.

So let’s hope to end this one.

Problem :HP vs TD
EVO other (not responding)

Hurricane Performance——>Awesome, reliable,super fast,Canadian, they have many clones of Dave working in the shop!

Turbo Dynamics——Awesome, reliable, super fast, Canadian, they got MIKE !Mike don’t forget my dalton adjustable screws lol

Solution: EVO and other should post more content
What does EVO offer ????

Back