• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

front frame

snowgood

so i went and plowed a tree last spring and am looking into replacing the front frame. ive found an 08 but i believe they did improvements on the 09 front frame. does anybody know what improvements or a good place to get a new/used one or someone that has one laying around. or any ideas on straitening the one i have out. any info is greatly appreciated mike

They made improvements through 10 on the subframe. I had to straighten mine and I am here to tell you it will never be the same again. I got mine within about a quarter inch between the two sides but it is hard. Whatever repairs you do make sure you do it with the subframe in. It is too hard to make repairs with it out.

snowgood
If you are looking for a new one give Michelle K. at Oregon Trail sport a call. She hooked me up with a new one for a great price. She is great source for Yamaha parts at great prices as well as the other brands because she is an independent dealer. The parts are shipped quick too.
If you try to straighten the subframe you have to reinforce them or they will bend right back even easier then before. I believe if you order a new one you can only order a '10 because they have updated the subframe every year since the '08. good luck

thanks allot guys for the info looks like i will be hunting down a new one. mike

Back