• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel level vs bars on gauge.

Just to add to this. The low fuel light came on my MTX when I had 1 bar left. I rode for about 15 minutes doing 40 mph on one bar and was only able to to put 6.125 gallons in.

I heard at Anch. Yam. that there was a 10 gallon tank for the Nytro. Any truth? And isn't there a tour buddy for it?

I posted in the mountain section but I'll post here too. I went on my 3rd ride today and did another 53.6 miles for a total of 132. I rode harder than my last ride and in even deeper snow and got about 1 mpg better.

My second ride I got 7.2 mpg and this ride I got 8.16 mpg. Very pleased with that. When I got back to the truck I had been on the last bar for about 10 miles.

Nice post! Something we always talked about doing but never actually took the time.
6.7 usable gallons at a modest 15 mpg gets me a 100 mile range. Not great by anymeans and could be an issue on late night rides where mom and pop are closed or up in Canada, but for 99% of my riding I always top off long before I get to the 100 mile mark anyhow. Hopefully the sled will do better than 15 but I figured on the conservative side to be safe....

I agree with unchained. We still have 1 2-stroker in our group, so we usually stop before 100 miles anyway.

On my 800 REV, I was only getting about 9 mpg on a 10.6 gallon tank (85 mile range). On my Nytro I should be able to go 100 miles on 7.5 gallon tank! I will take that any time.....AND I DON'T HAVE TO FILL OIL EVERYDAY!!

I have a question or maybe comment I guess, you reference zero bars, but, my fuel guage never goes lower than 1 bar, even when I run out, and i'm able to put the full amount of fuel back into the tank.

Fuel Bars

Just checking out this old topic from way back...thought if you get another good schedule you can convert this to Liters for us on the metric as gallons dont mean anything to me, plus our gallons are bigger than yours!
I was hoping to live long enough to see the great USA get with the rest of the world...please don't take this wrong tongue in cheek:)
A great report however and very usefull to sledders in the US
Jeff

Re: Fuel Bars

alsops said:
Just checking out this old topic from way back...thought if you get another good schedule you can convert this to Liters for us on the metric as gallons dont mean anything to me, plus our gallons are bigger than yours!
I was hoping to live long enough to see the great USA get with the rest of the world...please don't take this wrong tongue in cheek:)
A great report however and very usefull to sledders in the US
Jeff

Full 7.4G 28.00L
7 bars 6.1G 23.09L
6 bars 5.6G 21.19L
5 bars 4.7G 17.79L
4 bars 4.2G 15.89L
3 bars 3.6G 13.63L
2 bars 2.8G 10.60L
1 bar 2.1G 7.95L
0 bars 1.0G 3.78L

Superman said:
Thanks for the good info 08NytroRTX. I'm going to copy and laminate your findings and keep it on the sled for reference. Really appreciated. thanks. :Rockon: :-o[/quot
Thanks 08NytroRTX ~ good work! Hey Chris can you engrave that in my lake effect riser? lol ;)!

Back