• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Octane Booster

KnappAttack

24X ISR World Drag Racing Champion
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 Sidewinder LTX-LE
2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE
I bought a case of this Boostane Professional this fall and put the app on my phone from the recommendations of some of the guys here at TY. I was amazed to see the small amount needed to increase octane levels. I only added 2.56 oz per a full 10 gallon tank of fuel to go from 91 to 95 octane. I thought surely this must be a mistake to have such a small amount do so much.

Typically with the Torco Accelerator and Dragon Race Fuel Concentrate I had been using I'd have added 16 oz. in 10 gallons to pick up the same increase of 4 number in octane level.

I was thinking no way is this little bit of booster going to do anything, but I took the sled out yesterday and had no deto even on the big tune. No timing being pulled whatsoever in deep snow hard pulling in the field. Hard for me to imagine, but the stuff seems to work at that small dosage. We will see how it continues to work thru the season. I still have some Klotz booster left from last season, but that stuff to me has proven to be quite worthless in the 998, not sure I want even go back and put the Klotz back in it again.

I bought a case of this Boostane Professional this fall and put the app on my phone from the recommendations of some of the guys here at TY. I was amazed to see the small amount needed to increase octane levels. I only added 2.56 oz per a full 10 gallon tank of fuel to go from 91 to 95 octane. I thought surely this must be a mistake to have such a small amount do so much.

Typically with the Torco Accelerator and Dragon Race Fuel Concentrate I had been using I'd have added 16 oz. in 10 gallons to pick up the same increase of 4 number in octane level.

I was thinking no way is this little bit of booster going to do anything, but I took the sled out yesterday and had no deto even on the big tune. No timing being pulled whatsoever in deep snow hard pulling in the field. Hard for me to imagine, but the stuff seems to work at that small dosage. We will see how it continues to work thru the season. I still have some Klotz booster left from last season, but that stuff to me has proven to be quite worthless in the 998, not sure I want even go back and put the Klotz back in it again.
I have had similar results with Boostane. It straight works with what seems like a ridiculously small amount!!

You know whats interesting to note, is that I was freaking out, because with the sled raised on the stand, I was seeing about 2.5-3 degrees of timing being pulled when whacking the throttle on the stand.

I have to hand it to Dave at Hurricane as he called me after I texted him yesterday, he told me to ignore the timing being pulled on the stand, as it was just noise from the sled on the stand. He said just go take it out in the field and run it under hard load. He was absolutely accurate. The Det sensor was truly just picking up noise from the stand.

I literally had no timing being puled on any of my runs in the field. Brought it back home and put it on the stand again and had the same 2.5-3 degrees of timing being pulled again with it lifted in the air. So Hurricane really has it set sensitive to the point its listening to everything. Kudos to Hurricane, and to Dave for being available to answer questions. That is customer service!

Correct...false knock is a real problem. Most of us when racing have knock protection disabled once you know where you are running at is safe to eliminate timing being pulled due to false knock. So many chassis noises can be interpreted as knock and timing is pulled when it is not needed. When you look at data logs it can be real apparent where false knock is.

You know whats interesting to note, is that I was freaking out, because with the sled raised on the stand, I was seeing about 2.5-3 degrees of timing being pulled when whacking the throttle on the stand.

I have to hand it to Dave at Hurricane as he called me after I texted him yesterday, he told me to ignore the timing being pulled on the stand, as it was just noise from the sled on the stand. He said just go take it out in the field and run it under hard load. He was absolutely accurate. The Det sensor was truly just picking up noise from the stand.

I literally had no timing being puled on any of my runs in the field. Brought it back home and put it on the stand again and had the same 2.5-3 degrees of timing being pulled again with it lifted in the air. So Hurricane really has it set sensitive to the point its listening to everything. Kudos to Hurricane, and to Dave for being available to answer questions. That is customer service!
Dave is the Best , he always gets back to you when you have a question.....SS

Do you guys think octane booster is necessary for a TD Powertrail CAI tune with 3" Super Quiet Muffler? I ride mostly Michigan UP and fuel up most times in Grand Marais, Seney (Mater's), and in Christmas with 91-octane. I think I had read last season that most were saying it is hard to get the PowerTrail tune to knock even when trying to by using 87 (but I will ONLY run 91/93).

Correct...no octane needed on Power trail. That's the most bullet proof tune out there.

Correct...no octane needed on Power trail. That's the most bullet proof tune out there.
Thanks. I have never seen my knock light go on yet but I have only run the sled with the tune for 500 miles so far (last season). What does the knock light look like on the dash?

Glad its working for you Mike. I felt like a salesman last season promoting that stuff but its got tons of positive reviews and dyno testing to back it up. Doesnt need much at all and best of all it wont seperate. I added some to some 91 octane gas in a glass bottle in april and checked on it last week and zero seperation.

Thanks. I have never seen my knock light go on yet but I have only run the sled with the tune for 500 miles so far (last season). What does the knock light look like on the dash?
A fist comes out of the dash and punches you in the face ;), all kidding aside, both of your temp lights will flash at the same time.

Glad its working for you Mike. I felt like a salesman last season promoting that stuff but its got tons of positive reviews and dyno testing to back it up. Doesnt need much at all and best of all it wont seperate. I added some to some 91 octane gas in a glass bottle in april and checked on it last week and zero seperation.

Yes, I appreciate your review of it justinator. It was you that turned me on to it in the first place.

Its just so hard for me to imagine that such a very small amount can do so much. Its the best stuff I've run to date, and using such a small amount is VERY cost effective. When I ran the number in the calculator on the phone app, I thought it was a mistake. I thought there's no way this stuff is going to work, but it sure seems to work awesome.

I'm going to need to find some small steel 2 or 3 oz bottles to throw in the trunk so I can have it on the trail for fill ups.

Yes, I appreciate your review of it justinator. It was you that turned me on to it in the first place.

Its just so hard for me to imagine that such a very small amount can do so much. Its the best stuff I've run to date, and using such a small amount is VERY cost effective. When I ran the number in the calculator on the phone app, I thought it was a mistake. I thought there's no way this stuff is going to work, but it sure seems to work awesome.

I'm going to need to find some small steel 2 or 3 oz bottles to throw in the trunk so I can have it on the trail for fill ups.
3oz Stainless flask will do the job... Readily available.

c34aa406-e925-11eb-9045-fa163ec26693.png

A fist comes out of the dash and punches you in the face ;), all kidding aside, both of your temp lights will flash at the same time.
Justinator,
That fist coming out of the dash is your subconscious telling you to hold it WOT a little longer as there may be 1 or 2 MPH left on the table before the next road crossing on the railroad bed!!

Back