• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro stage 2 map Powder Lites

Regulator no vaccum Map

This map is been done with our new Tuning Bike while riding Jan 17/09
Fuel regulator vaccum/boost was removed vaccum so only have boost in charge tube or intercooler. We hook up Tuning Bike and let it map with only a few changes from Dyno mapping.
We feel this will clean up any fine tuning when backing off throttle at high vaccum and better for changes in motor or altitude setups.
Worked on little hickup at 1900 RPM by playing with advance and fuel.
Big injectors and 3 bar map coming very soon!!
Tech tips
1=silicone grease all electrical connectors
2=Tape up back of wire harness if not sealed tight.
3=Install box with wires inside on top of battery so it stays dry.
4=Front ECU connectors also need to be grease check and starter relay.
5=Relays need to be mounted so wires are from motor and pointed up to keep dry.
6=Code 43 relay is wet and no fuel pump! Jumper wire will get you home.
7=Safe sledding and respect your turbo sled's power!
http://www.powderlites.com

Attachments

• NytroJan17Reg.mpp
    2.1 KB · Views: 223
So what happens to the fitting on the map sensor, do we plug it or leave it open. And the hose normally going to the regulator, where on the intercooler does it go now. PICS????

Topgun said:
So what happens to the fitting on the map sensor, do we plug it or leave it open. And the hose normally going to the regulator, where on the intercooler does it go now. PICS????

Unhook the line that goes to the regulator and either block it off or remove the vacuum hose and the t and just reroute it to the map sensor and boost gauge only.

I chose to drill and tap a fitting into my front charge tube basically right above the clutch. I did this so that i didnt have to take anything apart and so i could easily clean out any filings from the tube vs the intercooler.

I dont have any pictures as the sled is in storage but its an easy job. Buy a 1/8 inch NPT fitting to 1/8" vacuum line, drill and tap and clean out all filings. Plug off old vacuum line to regulator or reroute. I chose to plug mine with a bolt with silicone on it and a tie wrap but will be re-routing when i switch my trail tanks out.

Lococoin said:
Topgun said:

Unhook the line that goes to the regulator and either block it off or remove the vacuum hose and the t and just reroute it to the map sensor and boost gauge only.

I chose to drill and tap a fitting into my front charge tube basically right above the clutch. I did this so that i didnt have to take anything apart and so i could easily clean out any filings from the tube vs the intercooler.

I dont have any pictures as the sled is in storage but its an easy job. Buy a 1/8 inch NPT fitting to 1/8" vacuum line, drill and tap and clean out all filings. Plug off old vacuum line to regulator or reroute. I chose to plug mine with a bolt with silicone on it and a tie wrap but will be re-routing when i switch my trail tanks out.
Clear as mud.......now, Dave, should I do this new map on my sled here at low altitude Saskatchewan??

Sorry, just so I am clear:

1) Remove the vacuum line coming from the T to
the regulator.

2)Tap a new fitting on either the intercooler or
charge tube and run a vacuum line from there to
the regulator.

Sound correct?

So.......at idle are you suposed to be reading a negative 6 or so on the boost gauge till you get on the boost??

I don't think it will change your readings from what they were before as boost guage is still plumbed the same.
mine is around -7 or so at idle

Attachments

• Nytro new air ductsm.jpg
    Nytro new air ductsm.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Nytro Regulator Newsm.jpg
    Nytro Regulator Newsm.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 126
Went out tonight with the new mapping and reroute of the regulator hose into the charge pipe. First part of the ride at 55 to 60 was great with decent exhaust temps but with slower riding on the river it started frequently banging 1300 under little load at about 5700 rpm but richening at wot. I'm tempted to put the second last mapping for low altitude back in. The temps with that were richer but comfortable. What do ya think Dave??
The kickup on the river was decent but not as much as in the fields, I'm wondering if water temp had anything to do with it??

tapping intercooler?

Is there any way to drill and tap the intercooler without losing fillings into it, without removing it from the sled??

Hey Dave are you gonna send us the updated intake stuff?????

Back