• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro stage 2 map Powder Lites

Hmm, thats the one thing I don't have is a burble, but I run my pressure at 46 pounds max. One thing I am having trouble with is getting 14 pounds boost. I'm beginning to wonder about the boost controller. I've tried it on the bench by just blowing in it but wish I could pressure test it to see if it's flowing enough. Ive checked all conections, inspected the intercooler for crack......, one thing I haven't done is pressure smoke the system but will do it later if necessary.I've checked the tee ( between the turbo and the actuator)to see if something wrong there, restrictor hole on the turbo side.The wastgate rod had about a 1/16 preload, I reset it with 1/8 preload. Goin to the mountains Wed so running outta time but I rigged a homemade boost controller to take along just in case I need to make a change. Seems weird considering it makes a consistant 10 all the time at low boost. Anyone else have trouble?

Topgun said:
Hmm, thats the one thing I don't have is a burble, but I run my pressure at 46 pounds max. One thing I am having trouble with is getting 14 pounds boost. I'm beginning to wonder about the boost controller. I've tried it on the bench by just blowing in it but wish I could pressure test it to see if it's flowing enough. Ive checked all conections, inspected the intercooler for crack......, one thing I haven't done is pressure smoke the system but will do it later if necessary.I've checked the tee ( between the turbo and the actuator)to see if something wrong there, restrictor hole on the turbo side.The wastgate rod had about a 1/16 preload, I reset it with 1/8 preload. Goin to the mountains Wed so running outta time but I rigged a homemade boost controller to take along just in case I need to make a change. Seems weird considering it makes a consistant 10 all the time at low boost. Anyone else have trouble?
I got rid of that junk controller had the same issues,, put a turbosmart controller on and adjusts boost like it should.. $95 at Mopac in Edmonton

Topgun said:

Mine was doing the exact same thing. I adjusted the wastegate a significant amount(probably 8 to 10 turns), and everything works like a charm. Before I could change my boost controller till I was blue in the face and it was always 10 pounds.

It pulls way harder now too!

Topgun said:

So you have absolutely no hesitation at all? I have tried adjusting fuel pressure and that doesnt seem to help. I wonder why you dont have the hesitation and everyone else i talk to does.

Lococoin said:
Topgun said:
I know I've read about the hesitation/burble but haven't experianced it yet...........the sled has been very responsive everywhere in the powerband ..........so far anyways.I'm curious to see how its gonna work at high altitude on thursday.

So you have absolutely no hesitation at all? I have tried adjusting fuel pressure and that doesnt seem to help. I wonder why you dont have the hesitation and everyone else i talk to does.

Topgun said:
I know I've read about the hesitation/burble but haven't experianced it yet...........the sled has been very responsive everywhere in the powerband ..........so far anyways.I'm curious to see how its gonna work at high altitude on thursday.

Come to think of it, when i rode around home 2200 feet, it seemed like it had less of a hesitation.The rest has been at altitude. Let me know how you make out in the hills, if you have a hesitation there then it definitely sounds like the fuel mapping is just a bit too rich at the higher altitudes.

I'm thinking also that maybe the guys in the hills might be alittle rich. Guess I'll find out. I'll keep ya posted.

idle

I heard some were runnin over 50 psi at idle??? and goin from there?

Seems like too much, I guess I haven't ever adjusted it that high to see what happens??

When I relocated the vacuum line to the charge tube I was idling at a higher psi. It's not the map. It is because the regulator no longer sees a definate vacuum at idle which is in the lines is was previously tapped into.
Just turn your regulator down to 45 or 46 psi at idle all wamed up.

We had our T Nytros in the mountains with the new map and it seemed to run great. I didn't seem to notice as much burping off idle and there was no hesitation.
temps around -10c

Topgun said:
Lococoin said:
Topgun said:

Well just got back tonight from Fernie. The sled had a stumble while getting into the throttle.Clutching was close for high rpm, but I'm wondering if the stumble was due too agressive clutching causing it to burble.Still did it even after emptying the heel weight of the supertips.Middle is empty. But the air /fuel gauge was giving me readings in the high tens , low elevens down low in the throttle.I also found out about the sled not starting on the hill, very frustrating. Thanks to this thread I checked the fuel pressure while in this condition and sure as hell no pressure. I let it cool down...........pressure was back and started right up. Got back to the motel and ran it long enough to kick the fan in, so thats not the problem, obviously fuel boil.Gonna have to get vents in there.
Not happy with the mapping at high altitude so far.

Topgun said:
Topgun said:
Lococoin said:
Topgun said:

Well just got back tonight from Fernie. The sled had a stumble while getting into the throttle.Clutching was close for high rpm, but I'm wondering if the stumble was due too agressive clutching causing it to burble.Still did it even after emptying the heel weight of the supertips.Middle is empty. But the air /fuel gauge was giving me readings in the high tens , low elevens down low in the throttle.I also found out about the sled not starting on the hill, very frustrating. Thanks to this thread I checked the fuel pressure while in this condition and sure as hell no pressure. I let it cool down...........pressure was back and started right up. Got back to the motel and ran it long enough to kick the fan in, so thats not the problem, obviously fuel boil.Gonna have to get vents in there.
Not happy with the mapping at high altitude so far.

And you have zero stumble at low elevations, correct? If thats the case, then i am 99% sure the problem is the sled running too rich at the higher elevation. Sure would be nice to get the throttle cleaned up so that it ran like stock.

so?

Seems to be mapping after all, I knew I wasn't losing my mind.

Oh, and welcome to the frustrations of boiling fuel at elevation, sure is a sucks dontit!

I run at 8000 ft. all the time and have had the stumbles for a while now, we need to get a new MAP. Tell me I'm wrong!

At 1800 feet, I have 0 issues. I actually have the response to blow my track out the back and pull a supercharged sled outta the hole here at this elevation. If I can get the sme thing up high I will be a happy camper.The fuel boiling problem I can get under control in my opinion. I'm hoping Dave comes up with something.

Back