• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gander,Newfoundland snowmobile photos.....

low slung

TY 4 Stroke Master
Here are some pics from the snowmobile trip me and 7skulls rode march 11 & 12.We rode all around gander then the next day we rode to mount peyton which was a 90mile trip.I have a new respect for all you guys that ride groom trails(my first time on groomed trails).When its not groomed, it can be rough as any cross-country run,really taxing the shocks with many cycles back and forth.But get on a long stretch that has been groomed(like our trip to mount peyton)its pure heaven.Glad i had my warrior for these runs,like a Lexus LFA on the autobahn :jump: .50cm of snow fell last week that made the trails great(hate to rub it in to you guys not riding)which meant we could cap off a crappy winter with a great ride in central newfoundland(190miles in two days,you could wear out a two-stroke in one great winter with these groomed trails).Signs on the trail where easy to see with correct info and excellent courtesy from other riders you meet.Only had one close call with a black crossfire that came into my lane on a turn.Lucky i saw him because he was flying(glad i was wearing my Klim teckvest).You guys on the groomed trails must have many stories like that one.Weather was great with the temps just below freezing.The SNO-PRO trailer was easy to pull and tow,worth the money.No back-country riding for me this winter from my door-step due to lack off snow all winter,but if you travel far enough you can get great sledding and see new places ;)! .P.S trail pass only cost $30 bucks for a weekend,well worth the money.

Attachments

• Gander snowmobile ride march 11,12 2010 008.jpg
    Gander snowmobile ride march 11,12 2010 008.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 328
  • Gander snowmobile ride march 11,12 2010 003.jpg
    Gander snowmobile ride march 11,12 2010 003.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 301
  • Gander snowmobile ride march 11,12 2010 011.jpg
    Gander snowmobile ride march 11,12 2010 011.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 304
  • Gander airport.jpg
    Gander airport.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 353
  • trail to Mt payton.jpg
    trail to Mt payton.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 282
  • Mount payton.jpg
    Mount payton.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 310
  • trail to mount payton.jpg
    trail to mount payton.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 278
  • Gander snowmobile ride march 11,12 2010 010.jpg
    Gander snowmobile ride march 11,12 2010 010.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 300

I made the same run into Mt. Payton on Friday and went into Mt. Sylvester from Terra Nova on Saturday. I'll try and post some pictures (I didn't take many) later.

The trail into Mt. Peyton was fantastic. Very nice ride.

bagadonitz said:
I made the same run into Mt. Payton on Friday and went into Mt. Sylvester from Terra Nova on Saturday. I'll try and post some pictures (I didn't take many) later.

The trail into Mt. Peyton was fantastic. Very nice ride.

Yeah, the trail into Mt. Peyton was pretty good. Tough riding behind two-strokes though. Mt. Sylvester is definitely on my destination wishlist.
We didn't see many nytros on the trail, lots of locals on phazers and MPs though. We left the jump-off point on Magee Rd. at 9:30-10:00am and got back at around 3:00pm. We stopped in at the local yamaha dealer then ran East to near Benton. Might have seen you on the trail.

Great pics still looks like a few weeks of riding over there yet.
I've never been that way snowmbiling but I have to try to get over next year.

Any pics from the top of Mt. Peyton? The first time I went up there I almost went right over the other side because it is so narrow on top!

BombaPolaYama said:
Any pics from the top of Mt. Peyton? The first time I went up there I almost went right over the other side because it is so narrow on top!

No pics from the top, we didn't make it that far this year since it was our first time in the area. Looking forward to going back.

Lots of fun for sure :Rockon: .I am out west in the oil sands right now but seeing these pictures brings a smile to my face.Can,t wait to ride next winter.Lets all have a safe summer.

Back