• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas Tank Vent

1050THMPR

Pro
Where is the gas tank vented at? When my fuel level goes down (as I'm riding) it sucks my tank in. I rode on sunday for about an hour and a half with my boy and then parked it. It had 4 bars when we started and was down to 1 bar whaen I parked it. Last night when I got home at 5:30pm I went out to put them inside because it was raining. When I went to start the Nytro I noticed my gas tank was collapsed. It even poped out the panels that cover the tank (which is the stock tank). So my question is Does anyone know if the tank is vented. Thanks 1050 ;)!

Vent hose is attached to the top of the tank, right below the handle bars, then runs down the left side. It could be pinched somewhere on the top of the tank.

Pull the left side cowl and the vent line is plainly visible running from the steering column area down to the footrest area. Yamaha recommends clamping the vent to prevent spillage when tipping the sled to the left, like to install a skid plate. Maybe somebody forgot to remove a clamp?

SB

Thanks you Guy's! I bet I pinched it when I Installed my Excell system. I'll check it out tonight. ;)!

Back