• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GBOOST Belts??

Fleecer

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
Has anyone tried the GBOOST Belt and/or can anyone share a review?

Is the belt as BADASS as they claim and does it have a warranty?

I bought one for this season only about 50 miles on it so far but it seems great

I purchased one 2 years ago. Seemed to run fine till I blew it up after less then 100 miles. It was determined I had a defective belt from GBOOOST. Refunded me under warranty. Have not tried one since. Too much money to bring up to Canada.

I purchased one 2 years ago. Seemed to run fine till I blew it up after less then 100 miles. It was determined I had a defective belt from GBOOOST. Refunded me under warranty. Have not tried one since. Too much money to bring up to Canada.
They’re ALL too much money!!!

Well, I'm always a sucker to try new things, especially if there is a chance I stand to gain 1 mph. Lol. So....I pulled the trigger and bought a couple gboost belts to try. I broke it in for 15 miles as instructed and have been flogging it for the last 400 miles under hard testing/racing conditions. The jury is still out as far as longevity, but I can say it is the toughest belt I've seen yet.

Here's the good news:
I bought the GBOOST Racing Series at $238. If you're running big power, the other models, Badass Belt/World's Best Belt are not as tough and a waste of money imo. The racing series is the same width as the 8jp, but 1/16 longer so will require deflection adjustment.

Holding the belt in my hands and comparing it to others in my arsenal, I noticed right away that it is better built. The cord is tucked in tight and even all the way around, and there are no imperfections anywhere. The belt is very, very pliable compared to others making it much less parasitic running through the clutches.

Here's the bad news, if you want to call it that:
The belt has been labor intensive to dial in and requires a lot, a lot, of pinch. I went from 75 grams with the ultimax xs825 to 86 grams with this GBOOST. I also had to go with a stiffer spring in the secondary and crank it. I usually hate running a lot of tension in the secondary cause it kills top speed, but this belt loves it and top speed has not been affected.

At about 250 miles on the belt I had it dialed in and working well will good temps. Every ride after that, the rpm kept dropping and I had to constantly pull weight out. As the belt breaks in, it gets stickier and rpms drop, hence weight adjustments continue. I'm now at 400 miles and down to 84 grams, and I think this may drop some more as the miles add up. It feels like I've been chasing rpm constantly, but I think it will pay off.

For comparison, I tested same day, same conditions and compared my best ultimax belt setup that I ran all last year vs a ballpark GBOOST setup spinning 9000 rpm. On a section of groomed trail approximately 2500 feet in length, the GBOOST belt was 4mph faster than the ultimax. I continued making adjustments to the GBOOST setup pinching it more and after making several more hits, I picked up an additional 2 mph.

Its been a lot of work, but based on what I've experienced thus far, this will be my belt of choice. Just my opinion, take from it what you want........

Last edited:
Well, I'm always a sucker to try new things, especially if there is a chance I stand to gain 1 mph. Lol. So....I pulled the trigger and bought a couple gboost belts to try. I broke it in for 15 miles as instructed and have been flogging it for the last 400 miles under hard testing/racing conditions. The jury is still out as far as longevity, but I can say it is the toughest belt I've seen yet.

Here's the good news:
I bought the GBOOST Racing Series at $238. If you're running big power, the other models, Badass Belt/World's Best Belt are not as tough and a waste of money imo. The racing series is the same width as the 8jp, but 1/16 longer so will require deflection adjustment.

Holding the belt in my hands and comparing it to others in my arsenal, I noticed right away that it is better built. The cord is tucked in tight and even all the way around, and there are no imperfections anywhere. The belt is very, very pliable compared to others making it much less parasitic running through the clutches.

Here's the bad news, if you want to call it that:
The belt has been labor intensive to dial in and requires a lot, a lot, of pinch. I went from 75 grams with the ultimax xs825 to 86 grams with this GBOOST. I also had to go with a stiffer spring in the secondary and crank it. I usually hate running a lot of tension in the secondary cause it kills too speed, but this belt loves it and top speed has not been affected.

At about 250 miles on the belt I had it dialed in and working well will good temps. Every ride after that, the rpm kept dropping and I had to constantly pull weight out. As the belt breaks in, it gets stickier and rpms drop, hence weight adjustments continue. I'm now at 400 miles and down to 84 grams, and I think this may drop some more as the miles add up. It feels like I've been chasing rpm constantly, but I think it will pay off.

For comparison, I tested same day, same conditions and compared my best ultimax belt setup that I ran all last year vs a ballpark GBOOST setup spinning 9000 rpm. On a section of groomed trail approximately 2500 feet in length, the GBOOST belt was 4mph faster than the ultimax. I continued making adjustments to the GBOOST setup pinching it more and after making several more hits, I picked up an additional 2 mph.

Its been a lot of work, but based on what I've experienced thus far, this will be my belt of choice. Just my opinion, take from it what you want........
Nice gains Fleecer!

Thanks for info!

Back