• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Going to try adding water wetter, how much to add

DeerHuntr

TY 4 Stroke Guru
He guys, have had the temp light come on a few times in low snow conditions and want to give water wetter a try. How much coolant does my 09 Nytro hold??? The bottle says to add 1 oz per quart so I am wondering how much to add. Thanks

While you're at it, remove some of the coolant and replace with deionized water. The strength of the coolant shipped with these sleds are far too high, thus restricting it's cooling ability. Water is the best coolant, and the glycol is there to prevent boil over and freeze protection.

Get a coolant tester from an auto parts store and check it. I bet you it'll read off the scale. I cut my coolant strength down to where it'll be good down to -40 and added some Water Wetter for good measure.

I had looked in the SPECIFICATIONS section of the book and coolant capacity wasn't listed in there. Upon further inspection I found it in the coolant section of the PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND ADJUSTMENT the FX10 and FX10RTR hold 3.40L or 3.59 Qts and the FX10MTR holds 4.7 L or 4.97 Qts. Why does Yamaha specify a 3:2 ratio of antifreeze to water instead of the normal 1:1??????

They want 60-40 not 50-50. My guess it is for the few slids that en up in -50 weather.

I can't believe the coolant in these sleds is so "rich" in glycol. Water is a lot better coolant than antifreeze, but it obviously have the freezing issues.

I wonder if the older attaks and apexes were mixed with nearly all glycol and not anywhere near 50/50 or 60/40. I know rear heat exchangers were added in like 09, but I wonder if simply a better mix of coolant to water would have solved this issue without the added weight of another HX?

Back