• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Good article on the front end we raced

Super Sled said:
scmurs said:
09nytro said:
....but I don't think so there is some thing new coming.....oh wait what about the team up with ac ....lmao.......

What about a boosted 1050 in a Pro Climb chassis?

Provided it came in blue, that would be awesome for sure. Lighter chassis than currently being marketed and more up to date. I'm sure Cat will keep working on the bugs the first year faced. And most importantly I hope they'd resolve the belt burning issue of burning multiple belts a day, like the Pro Climb is becomming known for. But that would be a step in the right direction.

Even better would be that sled with a Yammi 800 DI or SDI 2 stroke motor, which Cat will want out of Yammi in return for using their chassis.

That would be another way to get me to ride my 08's forever. The thought of riding a 2 stroke again made me throw up a little. :4STroke:

Different strokes for different folks......

I on the other hand prefer a 2 stroker for off trail. Before you judge, drive a pro RMK. Then you'll see the light, not the back of the toilet.

Super Sled said:
Different strokes for different folks......

I on the other hand prefer a 2 stroker for off trail. Before you judge, drive a pro RMK. Then you'll see the light, not the back of the toilet.[/quote

I've got plenty of seat time on them. I love the chassis, hate the engine. I won't touch a Polaris 2 stroke. I was a Polaris guy untill I bought my first Nytro in 09... Was

vip9 said:
Lj 452
Did your shocks do thease things you talk about? If so were you racing, how many race miles did you have on them, who serviced them for you. were you on a ntro rtx? We have run thease shocks quit a bit in top level racing and have not had any of those issues. I wish they would make a new piston for the rear track shock but thats about it. Granted we also have fox shocks and yes they are better, but a sport or average smi-pro would get buy using the stockers. Half the factory team last year used the stock front floats. Ross Erdman's sled had coil overs on it. Just sayin some people think they need them but really dont and if your honest with your self you could save some jing.

I had an 09' RTX S.E.
After the second season my center shock had a worn spot of the shaft, I had thought this may have been from egged out holes in the front arm rear mounting. Not completely sure about that anymore as I've seen worse with other shocks and no damage done. Anyway after 300 bucks to replace that, I also did a full C.C. package with larger hoses, bladders instead of IFP's, basically about $900+ in work.

I don't race C.C. but the way I ride is probably not much different. The end of my Nytro was after a 515 mile day. There was probably 50 total miles of very rough stuff, as in 2-3 foot stutters. Probably 150 miles of rough, and the balance smoother or groomed. The center shock exploded and the rear shock was starting to self destruct. Fortunatly it was the last ride of the season. I would blame the conditions, and this and that, but the 07' F6 that was right behind me the whole day didn't have a single suspension failure, or any failure for that matter. By the way when that shock goes, the track is likely severly damaged as well, so with studs add another 700-900 to the bill.

The front shocks are great, I really can't say enough about the Float X's that are on the S.E. The only thing better is the Float RC2's. That's why I say they should have just let Fox do the whole sled.

Crazy, i have never heard of shock damage like that. Maybe yours had somthing wrong with them. I would think if it was a common problem yamaha would have done somthing like they did with the viper shocks a few years back.

Never had any problems with my se ...before every ride I check everything out first or use red or blue loctight plus I change the oil in the shocks every year

actionjack said:
Didn't I read the USCC is no more?
How does that affect the racing teams? Other series out there?

There is the Cor PowerSports series and that is the one that Yamaha had so much success on last year developing Nytro with this kit as it was not allowed in USCC competition except for Open class which is typically a short sprint race.

Cor PowerSports hosts many of their races in WI and MI and are not ditch races but true woods cross country events similar to GNCC style harescrambles!! We race what we ride!

Here is a link to the series for more information:
Cor PowerSports XC race series

I think yamaha is doing the right thing by offering this kit to racers. Even with the front end kit. The nytro is more of a production sled than the others. Not a purpose built race sled with no warranty that you cant ride on the trail with out bringing 110 octane and a bottle of oil with. If the others would follow suit and race their comsumer 600's i bet they would want some sort of kit also and i also bet Isr would change their tune as well. If the kits were massproduced to bring the cost down and any body with a 600 could buy it i would be willing to say there would be more people racing. Imo. It would be cool buy a sled bolt on the kit race, unbolt the kit sell a production sled that still has Warranty at the end of the season. The only peole buying year old race sleds are the ones who :o| couldnt get on the race program.

I assure you the maintenance/inspection was more than acceptable. Probably 10-16 hours of maintenance/inspection before each weekend. Then an hour more before each day of the ride. For many the shocks are fine, but once you start having to put parts into them it will get real expensive, plus you are limited to who will do the work. Since I have everything needed to service Fox I can service/rebuild/revalve my shocks if issues are found, I bring the equipment on trips as well just for insurance, or if changes are needed. These issues are just my experience with the stock components, a bad one at that but I think as these machines get older more people will realize and experience for themselves. Rather than dump a bunch of time and money into the same poorly built parts, replace it with higher quality, more accessible ones (not to mention less expensive).

Back to the "Race Kit", can the guys that have it, list exactly what it is? Or does the sled come from Yamaha with it already assembled? Not really sure how the C.C. race department works at Yam.

Vip9:
The "other" brands race sleds are more aligned with the their "consumer" sleds than you may think. The suspension calibrations, and fuel systems are probably the biggest differences. Nearly everything else is the same, and anything that isn't, you can buy piece by piece from the micro-fiche at any parts store, that is huge if you are an aggressive rider. That goes for Cross-Country or Snow-Cross. This kit from Yamaha is a step in the right direction, they just need to take it to the finish line, but as I've said, my guess is a new chassis next year so they may have other plans.

LJ 452 said:
This kit from Yamaha is a step in the right direction, they just need to take it to the finish line, but as I've said, my guess is a new chassis next year so they may have other plans.
My guess is a Updated nytro with the new front end for 2015 maybee 2014 but im thinking 2015.... Usually 3 years of development till its released so give it a couple more years and theyll have it figured out.

I dont quite agree that their race sleds carry over to production. Polaris dosent even build a modle that resembels theirs and cat dosent produce a consumer 600. Although skidoo dose but the engine is way differnt. I think they all want to bring the price of racing down but until they stop bulding thease limited # race sleds its not going to happen. In 1996 any body could go to there local polaris dealer and laydown 500 bucks and snow check an xcr 440 no race app or anyq thing. Thats what it needs to get back to. IMO.

Back