• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

got another sled,now have the best of both worlds!4th brand

sedz

Extreme
Hey guys finally pulled the trigger on a real sled to go smash ramps. I have now owned atleast one sled from every brand: cat 440s, skidoo rev, yamaha fx nytro (still own) and now finally got a sweet deal on a 2007 Poserlaris IQR. This sled is MINT, less then 10 hrs on the motor and fully trail converted, paid under 4g canadian too! Can't even find a scratch on it and talked the guy down over 2g off his asking price. Workin on makin my own graphics for it still. Thing embarases my nytro to 60mph then runs outta gear haha!

set it up with some new RSI stuff: carbon fibre wrap backcountry bars, 2" riser and the high output hand warmer elements. The hand warmers and bars work AMAZING! I rode trails at -24 with the warmers only on LOW. The first time I have ever had warm hands at that cold, my dad rode my nytro and had to stop and warm his hands every 5 mins on the exhaust with the yammy warmers on full. I wasn't sure the warmers would live up to the hype but they defintly do and more! I think the rsi warmers will solve the brutal warmer problem on the nytros.

Not sure if i'm keeping the nytro or not, kinda nice to have a turn key sled for long trail rides. Atleast now I won't have to hit ramps on a 700 pound trail sled ahah!

n293000716_1495147_2563.jpg

n293000716_1495149_3339.jpg

n293000716_1495152_4487.jpg

Attachments

• e71d_20.jpg
    e71d_20.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 45

Yamaha Man said:
Thats sick man!!

You were hitting ramps with that Nytro??

Yeah I have a few times, I posted these pics in another thread but here they are again. Problem with the nytro is unless I landed absolutely perfect every hit I bent and broke parts. I only hit the superkicker once cause the landing bent and broke alot of stuff. So I mainly just stuck to the more mellow comp ramp at a girly 50'. I cant afford to ramp it, I lack a bunch of parts or extra sleds to keep mine goin...also lack the sled skills the pros like Mullin have haha!

So yeah my nytro is thanking me but not nearly as much as the dealership :o|

n293000716_1475281_5736.jpg

n293000716_1475290_2175.jpg

n293000716_1475291_2564.jpg

Attachments

• sk11.jpg
    sk11.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 62
Its not a ramp sled,Ramp any trail sled and they will bend a break. Those IQ are racing sleds,They are made for that kind of abuse.

2008 Nytro RTX said:
Its not a ramp sled,Ramp any trail sled and they will bend a break. Those IQ are racing sleds,They are made for that kind of abuse.
600RR were trail sleds. Nothing built like a Polaris. Period.

2008 Nytro RTX said:

I know that, I ramped a stock 600sdi x package rev for a whole season and broke/ bent less parts then I did in 1 day with the nytro. I believe the rev sdi and the nytro are very comparable sleds/chassis, comparing durability to an IQR is totally unfair. Trail sleds aren't meant for this obviously but regardless can anyone really claim that the nytros front ends are durable? rear axles/tensioners are weak and rear scissor arm in the skid is an issue (with me anyways). Front ends break because regardless of the overall weight of the sled in the nytro the weight is very front end bias IMO.

Look how bad dane fergusson bent his front end riding out of his trick in next trick at the x games. Also I would bet he bent the stearing post mounts on that landing the same as i did, but thats just speculation.

And before anyone cries about it xp's are as weak as a nytro and dont have a heavy motor excuse either. No trail motor compares to the nytro in durability or smoothness.

All I have to say is don't let brand bias get in the way of evaluating sleds for what they really are. Every brand has strengths and weaknesses.

Daddy said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:
600RR were trail sleds. Nothing built like a Polaris. Period.

I agree, nothing built like the Polaris chassis period. The Nytro is one bad #*$&@ sled ( love mine ) and has one of the best motors in the market today, but the chassis is it's weakest point.

BooBoo said:
I agree, nothing built like the Polaris chassis period.

I sure bent lots of Polaris sleds over the years. Bulkheads, tunnels, footrests, trailing arms....etc. Want to include front end parts? That list would take some time to write. I still have the front left quarter of an Edge RMK that departed the sled at about 70. No blood, at least on the rider. The trophy awaits the next big tin bender in my group of riding friends. The assertion that Yamaha's chassis is a weak point would be hard to prove by me. I'm on Yamahas #6 and 7 and have zero failure history with any Yamaha chassis. That's a big part of why I'm back on Yamaha.

Stewart

My goodness, does this crap never stop!!!?? Congratulations to you on the sled you wanted, and now got!! Go ride it!!! Way to compare a sled that was never meant to jump 50ft gaps to a sled that was designed for it!! Sure Poo called it a "trail" version but it is their IQ 440 race chassis with and oil injected 600 and a bigger tank. It's meant for big jumps! Yamaha labeled the Nytro a rough trail sled, not an FMX riot, high flying, step up jump type sled!! Can we quit this stuff plz!? As far as nothing is built like a Poo, that statement is pushing it. Came of a lifetime of Poo and while they were good chassis's that statement is a bit much!! Go take a stock 600 IQ and jump it the same way you plan on jumping that 600RR and do a comparison. You'll have on crippled IQ! My point being that the stock IQ was not meant for it!! Like I said before, congrats on your new sled and I hope it serves you well!

I always liked those RR's.
Sounds like you got a nice deal.

For a trail sled, the RR is really just a race sled with some amenities for the trail.

Enjoy!

If the polarises where as bullet proof as you said . Why don't they offer the warranties yamaha does. Plus my friends that ride polaris usually have their sleds in the dealers most of the time for recalls. Just my thought.

Back