• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

got another sled,now have the best of both worlds!4th brand

sedz said:
Nytro40th said:
I will take the sled Dane Ferguson used to win the gold

Really? did you see how bad his front end got bent riding outta his first flip? Heres a pic showing the dreaded subframe tweak. Also likely did the same thing I did to mine bent the post mounts down to the tank by the looks of it.

His riser slipped backwards in the mount.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3856568

From the video, I see no bent front end, particularly on the right side which took the brunt of the hit at the bottom of the landing ramp. Watching that vid, I'd be very surprised if the front end was bent. I happen to know what it takes to bend the front end as well. ;)!

AKrider said:
sedz said:
Nytro40th said:
I will take the sled Dane Ferguson used to win the gold

Really? did you see how bad his front end got bent riding outta his first flip? Heres a pic showing the dreaded subframe tweak. Also likely did the same thing I did to mine bent the post mounts down to the tank by the looks of it.

His riser slipped backwards in the mount.

Like i said im speculating that the mount also bent seing as how mine bent down and to the right wedged right against the tank under a very similar landing. Took me half an hour to get at the bolts that hold the rider on to take it off. I wasn't commenting on the fact his risers block slipped down.

Well heres a drawing of how I see it, sure the perspective affects the angles but still watch his second attempt and tell me his skis weren't toed in bad. I will also point out that he crashed that sled before the first off axis flip. He looks to have done the same thing everyone else is doing to bend subframes, had a impact with the skis turned...I did the same thing and im willing to bet 99% of the bent subframes on nytros were from the same sort of angular impact.

I'm just saying I've jumped mine, and been around others who jumped theirs alot bigger and I can assure you that sled would not be one you would want to own if you're looking for something in proper rideable shape.

Why do people get so mad when the subframe issues are brought up? look around here how many cases of bent subframes?

Yet people argue that someone like dane beating the snot outta a nytro that really should be riding trails not flipping hasn't bent or broken parts.

Attachments

• danesled.jpg
    danesled.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 73
Nytro40th said:
comparing the 600rr and the fx nytro is like comparing apples and oranges.

I NEVER DID COMPARE THOSE SLEDS. (for the record)

Why would someone compare my sleds, one is a 450lbs race sled and the nytro is a 600+ trail sled, totally different beasts.

I don't hate yamaha, I will still be the first in line for a true race chassis 4 stroke sled. And guess who will be wayyyy ahead of that game once the 4 bangers take over snocross yammy. I always hated poserlaris...until i took the blinders off and rode an IQR.

I guess I have too much free time to argue on forums since my season appears to be over. I will compare what sled accumulates more dust sittin in my garage and report back :o|

After going to a local Rock Maple Racing Snocross event, I saw these Polaris IQR sleds for the first time. I really love the looks and they really beat up on the competition. I was ready to go buy one as a second sled until I found they are not for public resale.

Good find on this sled, I look forward to some more pics and videos.

horkn said:
LJ 452 said:
Why does the round tubing in the rear skid need to be changed to square?

Square tubing has more strength than round.

Really, Mmmm. Care to explain what makes it stronger?

As for the argument, If I was going to do ramp jumps, I would use an RR, Not a Nytro. It’s neat to see Mullin, Furg and others do it but lets be honest the extra weight is just that extra weight. Same reason you don’t see them using 1000’cc motors in two stroke sleds. Are the tuned yes of course, why wouldn’t they be. The chassis of the RR is not a trail railer by any means, will it work, yes. Is the Nytro better setup for trail riding, probably. I’m not talking about straight trails with 4 ft. rollers either, talking tight turns and long sweepers with 0-3 ft bumps. I think the Nytro was a compromise in trail/cross/trick. Sort of a do it all chassis, that they’re finding out does some things better than others.

snownutz said:
I wish I had time to go on other brands boards and make up problems to a sled I never owned. I guess I must just have a little less time

Check your facts, I own a 08 nytro rtx AND an 07 iq 440.

Only problems I'm making up are speculating based on
Breaking stuff on my rtx doin the same thing.

Do u hit ramps? So I guess u know how they handle harsh landing?
Sorry for stating my unbiased opinions based on personal experience

Just for reference, both times that I've bent the front clip on my sled(one off trail stuffage and one rock) the toe never went out to any visually noticeable degree. The only time the toe went out was when I bent the lower control arm during the rock impact. I put a new arm on and the toe was back to where I set it.

Sedz, I not arguing with you. I saw that angle in your pic but looked for latter on in the vid and couldn't see it to that degree. At the beginning, the sled looks toed in to me about the same it does nearer the end. Maybe he tweaked a spindle earlier like you said.

I think the troops are getting ruffled because there is nothing in that video that would have bent the subframe. He over rotated it and really didn't impact the front end at all, and I would guess this is the 09 clip.

LJ 452 said:
horkn said:
LJ 452 said:
Why does the round tubing in the rear skid need to be changed to square?

Square tubing has more strength than round.

Really, Mmmm. Care to explain what makes it stronger?

As for the argument, If I was going to do ramp jumps, I would use an RR, Not a Nytro. It’s neat to see Mullin, Furg and others do it but lets be honest the extra weight is just that extra weight. Same reason you don’t see them using 1000’cc motors in two stroke sleds. Are the tuned yes of course, why wouldn’t they be. The chassis of the RR is not a trail railer by any means, will it work, yes. Is the Nytro better setup for trail riding, probably. I’m not talking about straight trails with 4 ft. rollers either, talking tight turns and long sweepers with 0-3 ft bumps. I think the Nytro
was a compromise in trail/cross/trick. Sort of a do it all chassis, that they’re finding out does some things better than others.

I fully agree with what you said! I will add that the nytro is more friendly for people that wanna ride trails without putting a lot of effort in. 99% of people will find my iq wayyy to harsh on a normal trail ride. The iq will suck up the really big 2-3 ft bumps like nothing else. If u don't like leaning into corners u will find the iq tippy, it has 19 in front travel and 14 rear so ofcourse it's tippy.

Back