• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Got my first gopro!

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hey guys I've never had one but scored a brand new gopro hero 4 silver for $250 with a 32gb Mico SD card. I have a Nytro as well as a 509 helmet what mounts work the best and any tips to make sure I don't lose it.

I have one and I have never had it fall off. Those 3M stickers are strong. I had a tree branch catch my camera and it pulled me off my sled and it was still stuck on there. So i wouldn't worry about loosing it.

Thanks! Can you post a picture of your setup I haven't recieved the camera yet does it come with the 3m setup you talk about

I Don't have any pics at the moment but will post some up later tonight. My camera came with the 3M sticky mounting pads so yes it should come with a few. I think mine came with 3 flat one and 3 curved ones for helmets. I usually just mount it on my helmet as i feel it gets the best shots. I'v tired mounting on my sled but its too bouncing and snow gets on it and blocks the camera.

Be careful if you ever use it in water. Fried mine in hawaii because of 1 piece of hair! I did make a tether for mine in case it ever got knocked off my helmet.

Hey guys I've never had one but scored a brand new gopro hero 4 silver for $250 with a 32gb Mico SD card. I have a Nytro as well as a 509 helmet what mounts work the best and any tips to make sure I don't lose it.
IMG_20150613_163636.jpg

Oh nice never thought about a side mount. I have a modular 2 and a 509

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Get a camera tether . Yeah the 3M stickies work excellent but you can still break the platic mount off and loose your camera. I made my own tether but you can buy them also.

If you have a 509 helmet they make a gorpro mount for the top screw on the visor that works great.

One other thing that I would recommend is getting the backpack battery otherwise you will be switching batteries 3 to 4 times a day. With a backpac you can get a day of recording pretty easy. The OEM gopro batteries work better in the cold then the
aftermarket batteries do.

What mount is that for thr 509 I can't seem to find it. Also for thr backpack what does it do exactly? On there website it just says 15% more battery life then previous models.

That mount for the helmet actually comes from 509 not gopro. The backpack battery clips onto the back of the camera and extend your battery life quite a bit I'm actually surprised they said 15% because I can pretty much get a whole day of recording with one.

I have the gopro 4 silver the one with the touch screen on the back. Do you have this model does the bacpac affect the functionality?

I use the gopro hero 4 black edition. Big difference is that mine does not have the LCD but the backpac battery can still be used with either model, you cant see the LCD when your riding anyways.. I have a backpac LCD that can snap on for those times when I need to watch it while recording, I hardly ever use it anyways. I think you will find your going want to keep that LCD turned off to conserve battery life during a days ride. I hate changing batteries when I am riding so the best combination I have found to conserve battery is :

1) If you camera came with a blue tooth remote don't use it, turn blue tooth off to save battery life.
2) Set the camera up for " one touch record" so you can hit one button on the camera to start/stop recording
3) Use OEM original gopro batteries. The other brands are cheaper and tempting but seam to have terribly short life in the cold.

tether cord...tether cord...tether cord. a must!

When I rode with Yamahaguys the last time....a go pro was knocked off and luckily we found it. :)

That was my camera that landed in the snow. The camera hit a small tree branch at like 5mph, I hardly felt anything. For some reason I did not have the tether on at that point :o| I knew better but a lesson learned. Special Thanks to all the TY guys that helped me find my camera in 3 feet of snow, you guys are the best. ;)!

Back