• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GPS Mount on Handlebars or Dash

outhuntin

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Polaris Ranger
Hey Guys, Wanting to mount a fish finder/gps on my sled. Just wondering if any of you have done this yourself. I was looking at ram mount to mount to the handlebar but there is like 1000 models out there and was wondering if you guys would suggest one that have worked for you. Another mounting spot i though of was right behind the windshield where there are two adjacent bolts or even mount to the single bolt on the dash closest to the steering column. Any ideas? Also, would you install an inline fuse when connecting to battery for power? Thanks

I have an eBay type case and mount attached to the same bar that the mirror mounts on (see pics). I think it's a good spot. Not too close and able to glance down at it without totally taking my eyes off the trail in front. I use this type because my GPS (Nuvi) is for vehicles and not water resistant.

Really, it depends on your preferences. I think just about any ram mount will work according to your preferences and requirements.

Attachments

• GPS on MP.jpg
    GPS on MP.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 229
  • Bracketron_WaterBike.jpg
    Bracketron_WaterBike.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 184
Thanks moose

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Back