• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

grass drags

basic700

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder STX DX 146
2015 SRViper XTX LE
2009 Nytro XTX
Richland Center Wi. is having grass drags May 12 im thinking about going. '
Any tips on how to set the sled up??

Atleast put the stock muffler back on, so they don't make you run the improved stock classes. Otherwise transfer the weight to the back so it carries the skis 6-8" off the ground as far as possible. Remove your carbides, squirt dishsoap on your slides before runs, an don't look like one of those a-holes that stand all the way to the back and hang their butt off the back of the sled as far as they can. Seriously, they look like a monkey f-ing a football. :) You got me thinking about going there too!

Good luck.

basic700 you bring your 4 stroke sled. I will have my nytro xtx there this year should be a good time. Hope to see you there I will also maybe have my SSX500 there. Look me up.

Be sure to check classes b4 you go , . I believe last year they made 4 strokes run in their own class. Guess they don`t like the competition.

Already checked. They got a 3 cylinder 4 stroke non turbo class.
Bahr
I got excell's full system im not going through all the work to put stock back on.

If i come down there im bringing the tractor also ;)!

basic700 said:
If i come down there i`m bringing the tractor also ;)!

if its anything like the event they have in the fall there's a lot of stuff going on down there. as for the snowmobile race seems like its more for the "local" crowd. not many four-strokes, so classes are small and payout is based off entries in the class

Good to hear on the classes. I didnt know if they use ISR rules. ISR rules allow a fuel controller, filters, and clutch kits. Exhaust systems might bump you into improved stock. Thats why i said put the stock muffler on.

sorenson1610 said:
basic700 said:
If i come down there im bringing the tractor also ;)!

They have tractor pulls too?
They have everything that day. They have like 6 pulls a year

last fall they offered 4 stroke classes but had no entries. Hope they get a couple of 4 strokes this year I will have my sled there not sure about improved classses for 4 strokes. THere is alot going on that day truck and tractor pulls,atv races,mud bogs,demo derby,etc. go to www.hybridredneck.com for more info Hope to see some of the TYers there.

There is no reason for 4 stroke classes. They just need to put these sleds in the right classes. Just base it on the hp levels... Done... UNless you are on ice, it won't make a difference.

Bahr05 said:
Good to hear on the classes. I didnt know if they use ISR rules. ISR rules allow a fuel controller, filters, and clutch kits. Exhaust systems might bump you into improved stock. Thats why i said put the stock muffler on.

ISR does not allow for fuel controllers in stock class. But, you can re-program an ECU. Go figure.

Back