• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I used my old ones from my Nytro And bought the fold away mirrors that are intended for the power mad hand guards Should do the trick!!!

I think I've seen these in the Yamaha parts catalog. Does any hand guard fit these mounts?
I don't see why not. They even work with the Cold Guards, which where never intended to have to use a mount. I just wanted a little more stability than the Velcro straps provide.

Here's pics image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

SMA-8JPHG-MP-00
Found part# on Yamaha P/A Page

I used my old ones from my Nytro And bought the fold away mirrors that are intended for the power mad hand guards Should do the trick!!!

Looks like you can mount it inside the brake and throttle body. I have the mountain strap so not sure I can mount it the same way.

Birkebeiner

I cut off the mountain strap to install the Yamaha/Arctic Cat aluminum mounts. The RTX/LTX snowmobiles don't have that strap, so it's not something that needs to be taken off. The plastic ones mount into the holes on your throttle and brake. They're way too flimsy in my opinion, and the aluminum ones are rock solid (which is obvious).

I cut off the mountain strap to install the Yamaha/Arctic Cat aluminum mounts. The RTX/LTX snowmobiles don't have that strap, so it's not something that needs to be taken off. The plastic ones mount into the holes on your throttle and brake. They're way too flimsy in my opinion, and the aluminum ones are rock solid (which is obvious).

10-4 on the flimsy on the fiber mounts......I didn't remove grab bar to mount aluminum ones, merely had to trim slightly......maybe 1/4" or so......maybe 1/2", it was last year and don't remember that well......

I never used that grab bar. Left it on for last season, hit a jump and took it right to the chest. Cut it off as soon as possible and put the cover on from a Viper LTX. I think it looks cleaner and lets me run the aluminum hand guards. Yamaha only has one version of the aluminum mounts (it's mountain length, so there's a lot of distance between hand guards and handlebars). Arctic Cat offers a shorter version if you'd like them closer to the bars.

I went to a snow show yesterday and saw these. No hardware needed, they are strapped to the handle bar with velcro.

I think I'll go for these, and can easily take them off when milder temperatures, and they will never crack :)

c9be3c88953d2fa574a048c492cc646e.jpg

407065c02b463bc2f69078885e844c68.jpg

9244341a276bfb1c85d8f93775282b81.jpg

Birkebeiner

I went to a snow show yesterday and saw these. No hardware needed, they are strapped to the handle bar with velcro.

I think I'll go for these, and can easily take them off when milder temperatures, and they will never crack :)

c9be3c88953d2fa574a048c492cc646e.jpg

407065c02b463bc2f69078885e844c68.jpg

9244341a276bfb1c85d8f93775282b81.jpg

Birkebeiner
who makes then and where can you get them?

I was assuming Yamaha but not really sure. Didn't ask the dealer :(

Birkebeiner

They are made by Skinz. They work well. My only complaint with them is that I used to like riding with my left hand on the bar end and these cover that so I can't no more :( Thought I had a pic of the sled with them on. Can't seem to find it o-well. Also the left side you may have to adjust your brake lever location a little in order to get the guard to fit w/out hitting the lever. There is also enough room with these that you can still use one of those glove mounted mirrors.

Back