• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handguards for Apex Mtn.

tmk50

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Has anyone tried to put handguards on an Apex Mtn? If so what brand and can you show how you mounted them (pics)?

The way the mountain strap is mounted it looks like it will be tough to mount handguards to the bars. It looks like the strap mounts are welded to the bars - I'll try to take a closer look this weekend when I take it out of the trailer again.

I will try to post pics this weekend. If I can't post em here, I will post them on the other TY board. Btw I used Power Madd brackets, and the small Acerbis guards, and I see no reason that the larger Acerbis guards would not clear the windscreen.

Where did you mount the PowerMadd brackets?

Between the strap mounts and the brake/throttle assemblies?

I guess I can just wait for the pics..... :D

grapeape said:
I will try to post pics this weekend. If I can't post em here, I will post them on the other TY board. Btw I used Power Madd brackets, and the small Acerbis guards, and I see no reason that the larger Acerbis guards would not clear the windscreen.

am currently making brackets so that sportech handguards will wotk, if you use a lefty there is no room for the handguard mount in between the mountainstrap and controls will post picture later

hand guards

I tired to mount my sport tech hand guards on my sled i even cut those nice tabs off that hold the wire and then found out the wont fit the wire it to tite against the bracket

I mounted the brackets between the hand grips and the control blocks, and I have not taken pics yet...

Just picked up my red Apex from Troy at TJ's in Alpine, WY. While there, he showed me his hand guards , Sportech, I think, and his extra bracket that he fabbed to make a nice, clean fit with out any alterations.

I just posted pics of TJ's bracket on SW along with a few other goodies we've been working on.

steve

Back