• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hartman Ski Mounted Scratchers

birdmayon

Expert
Anyone use them? How do you like them. Pics? Has anyone used them with Curve skis? Was there enough thread on the ski bolt to bolt through the aluminum mounting plate or did you have to source a longer bolt? Appreciate the reviews.

I use them and am well satisfied. However, be careful to lift them back on to the ski before going into reverse. They are easy to install and there is plenty of bolt on the ski.

I haven't used them but I do have homemade "hay rake" springs on my ski and noticed they are only effective to about 50mph, any faster and the snow doesn't make it to the skid. I'm not sure if its wind turbulence above 50mph or what but it just doesn't deflect enough snow towards the skid.

birdmayon said:
Anyone use them? How do you like them. Pics? Has anyone used them with Curve skis? Was there enough thread on the ski bolt to bolt through the aluminum mounting plate or did you have to source a longer bolt? Appreciate the reviews.

I have them mounted on my Curve skis and yes, the bolt is long enough.

I also had to gouge/grind a little spot on the ski where the back part of the spring, (the part that gets put in the snow/ice) as it would not stay on top of the ski by itself.

I have never used them yet so I cannot comment on how well they work but going by the pressure they exert once deployed, I can't imagine them not working?

Check these out at Tractor Supply....Seems like you could make them....

http://tsc.tractorsupply.com/search#?w= ... redirect=1

SPC8Cdx.png

Holy crap that's one way to get some cheap scratches. That's a 20th of the cost of a scratcher for a sled. If it's for a toy u will pay and that proves it.

Have tried the ski mounted scratchers and did not work very well on glare ice, too far away from Hyfax/rails.

Switched to tunnel mount and they really work well as they spray directly onto the rails.

Back