• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

has anyone her ridden with or on.....

Newfie Apex

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro
I am looking, considering a ski doo 1200 4 stroker...Anyone here ever ride one? or for that matter ridden with one in a group? Buddy at work just bought one and says it runs like a champ. The engine is a strong runner and the suspension feels great...Any input from a Yamaha owner..

RIGIDONE said:
It sounds like a compact tractor..
You must be thinking of the Cat turdos. They sound awful.
I ride with 2-3 in our group. Very reliable, quik comfy sleds. Very nice light feel, and good on gas.
It,s the only doo i would ever consider to replace my Apex. :4STroke:

Heard great things about them, especially ones that come with R-Motion suspension.

I am seriously considering one for myself as well, just don't know what pkg/chassis to go with?

I love my Apex..But the weight of the sled is just too much...Have owned the sled for 5 years and every year I come back to the same complaint...Heavy heavy heavy...the 1200 doo is nearly 100 lbs lighter and am sure a better skid. That is alot!!!!

I was considering one until I rode one. They just seem very nose heavy and cheap. Was not impressed but to each his own.

Nose heavy? Cheap, in what way? I've owned a few different brands but now I'm on my second 1200 renegade and they just work for me. Put 10,000km on the '09, never did change the belt, my '12 GadeX now has 7,548 still on the original belt, carbides and sliders...gas and go.

From my experience riding with a buddy who has a Nytro XTX, the power is about identical, 1200 has a better top end, fuel consumption couldn't be closer. Nytro does sound better when idling but they both sound good in their own way while moving, don't care for the rear exhaust on the Yamaha cuz it does kinda screw up your ability to carry stuff.

I do like my X package better than the normal Renegade, the seat alone is worth the extra $$, also has MUCH better gauges and shocks, only drawback is it comes with a stupid little windshield.

If i was to ever get a Ski-Doodoo it would be 1200 !

On a sled im a 4-stroke guy forever.

Thing is, the 1200 will shake your hand but my Apex will knock you out . i dont mind the weight,i feel stuck to the frozen tarmac.

This is just me ,to each there own and good luck !

tomanytoyz said:
If i was to ever get a Ski-Doodoo it would be 1200 !

On a sled im a 4-stroke guy forever.

Thing is, the 1200 will shake someones hand but my Apex will knock you out . i dont mind the weight,i feel stuck to the frozen tarmac.

This is just me ,to each there own and good luck !

I have heard that more than once, that the 1200 and new 900 Ace are boring to ride?

I don't get that, why are they boring to ride?

I've heard that also, not sure but think the engine doesn't have the fun factor the nytro has. I will say the rmotion rides awesome, rode a shorty rmotion and it eats up everything.

Does anyone have any input on the hesitation that these 1200's have? I have never ridden on but hear a lot about it. Is it as bad as everyone says?

My uncle bought one and absolutely loves it. He is coming off an Attak with and M20 and he said the R-motion skid rides 100% better than the M20. He put a set of headers on it and a different primary clutch (PBR I think). It runs pretty even with my Apex. The ergonomics are real good. I'd buy one in a second.

Irv, Rick wished he would have got the adrenaline package with the rebuild-able rear shocks. The windshield on the adrenaline will have to be replaced if you don't like wind blowing on you.

The only issue he has had is the instrument pod resetting. This has ceased since he replugged this instrument pod. It looked to me like an intermittent power problem only.

newfie09xtx said:
Does anyone have any input on the hesitation that these 1200's have? I have never ridden on but hear a lot about it. Is it as bad as everyone says?

Here's a Youtube link to Snowtrax TV's explanation of throttle lag: http://youtu.be/6n9nkqYsZR8

Make you're own decision if it would matter to you or not. Personally, I think they are overblowing it, plus the lurching of the sled occurs due to the low engagement rpms of the clutches.

Back