• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

have a few quick questions about a xtx i just picked up.

happy1426

Expert
just bought a 11 xtx and was wondering what is the best setting on the rear suspension for them to ride nice? also whats the best mods for the xtx its been a while since i had a apex. Last one was a 11 apex 128 and had a ulmer clutch kit and cr10 plugs that was about it..

Try a search, you’ll have enough reading to keep you busy for the rest of the night.

just bought a 11 xtx and was wondering what is the best setting on the rear suspension for them to ride nice? also whats the best mods for the xtx its been a while since i had a apex. Last one was a 11 apex 128 and had a ulmer clutch kit and cr10 plugs that was about it..

lots of guys like the star suspension kit, i do not run it myself. on the 11 xtx i run nitro xtx springs, as i did not weigh enough to flex what came on them stock, with muffin works 5 position adjusters using the hygear spring spacers on setting 4. rear shock is set on middle on clicker and i have front rear suspension shock set so that it is stiff to turn the spring by hand with front a arms almost parallel to the ground. as i only weigh 250lb, the stock springs on soft are too stiff for me on soft but you can try them 1st.

If you ride at night... HIDs from Roc

Lake effects 2.5 pivot riser and WRP seat... probably the best upgrade I’ve done!!!

Star kit and nitro torsion springs works well for my rear set up!!!

Excel boggie wheels and DuPont slides gets me 5000+ miles before hyfax change...

well i know lake effect still has a +2" riser as i bough the +4" for my new sled when i contacted him. riser is worth the coin.

Riser, Dupont hyfax, windshield bag maybe, mirrors depending on riding style, knee pads

i like mine to be level with my shoulders to make it easyer on them as i have repetitive motion injuries in both of them and low bars hurt them and my wrists. makes it easyer to stand up when i off trail as well.

After riding this past weekend, the first coin I would invest in would be to upgrade that damn seat position! If your over 6', you know what I mean. Spent more time on the tank then the seat. The other suggestions are all good and many necessary for improvement.

Even with the wrp seat you will still slide down towards the tank while trail riding, I have the wrp seat on my 2011 apex and I’m always finding I have to push my self up the seat, the seat should be level with the ground not on an angle like the seat on the apex.

Back