• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Have you guys heard this news about Arctic Cat?

20\80 I have no idea why you despise the pro cross chassis so much, it is way ahead of that delta box in every way. I guess if you owned a pro cross chassis you would have something to bitch about, but instead you stick with the junk box and come on this site and stir the pot, just like a few others. The Winder and Viper are the best sleds that Yamaha has ever offered to date. They are not perfect in any way and neither are the rest. So I guess if your not happy with what they offer, move on to a new brand or keep beating your body half to death on your out of date Apex.

That red Hardcore Alpha is a nice sled...wow.

I have to chime in as some have said I hate Cat as well, I rode them I loved the big triple. My little 600 ZL was an amazing trail sled. The chassis rode well and if the two stoke would last forever I would still be riding them. I don't hate Cat. What I am is disappointed in Yamaha, they went cutting edge and designed the best four stroke sled in 2003, They continued to revise and upgrade it till they killed it in 2018. What they never did though is upgrade it to a new sled. They just stalled and stagnated always tweaking never designing. I love my 2011 and think that it is still an awesome sled night and day ahead of its 2003 beginning. It can do 300 miles touring days all week. It is what it was designed to be. What I have to ask it why the Hate for Doo? Or I might choke but why the Hate for Poo? And why is the hate for Doo or Poo tolerated but not the hate for Cat? It used to be. I just like sleds some are better then others but all of them run in the snow so thumbs up.

Worse is the hate for the Delta Box and those that love them more then the Pro-Cross. Yamaha has said if we want to ride Yamaha we have to ride Cat (it was kinda a secret but we have figured it out). Many have embraced that and many have waited for something from Yamaha. So now we sit one side riding Cat chassis and the other side riding Delta Box. Each side glaring at the other. One side shaking the heads at the other and telling them the Delta box is junk the pro-cross is better and the other side saying they don't want to ride Cat, they like their Delta Box and they dream of Yamaha being a sled manufacture again. One side dreams the other side embraces Cat. Both are loyal!

Food for thought all the Guys who continue to ride Delta Box are Yamaha riders. They choose to ride Yamaha not Doo, not Poo, not Cat, They put Yamaha on a pedestal above the other three. They are having a hard time rearranging that order. It is a confusing time. Yes without Cat there is no Yamaha, without Yamaha there is no Cat. Without Textron there is neither. Cat still builds sleds, Yamaha basically has stopped. So just what is the Brand again? Who is in charge? What is the future? Will we ever know? Will we continue to ask? Was looking at a left over Winder yesterday. The blue was not really as ugly up close. T-Cat Black is awesome.

The reason Yamaha has only 4 to 5% market share is because of corporate decisions made 10 years ago, their own doing. Now they use it as a reason not to invest in new product. Lots of car models follow the same path.

20\80 I have no idea why you despise the pro cross chassis so much, it is way ahead of that delta box in every way. I guess if you owned a pro cross chassis you would have something to bitch about, but instead you stick with the junk box and come on this site and stir the pot, just like a few others. The Winder and Viper are the best sleds that Yamaha has ever offered to date. They are not perfect in any way and neither are the rest. So I guess if your not happy with what they offer, move on to a new brand or keep beating your body half to death on your out of date Apex.
LOL.. my delta box does not beat me half to death in fact it is a very nice ride and very reliable and I very seldom ride groomed trails, I have owned Cat sleds and have spent countless dollars fixing them, have been towed and have had to walk home accouple of times in the dark because the engine died or broke and axle just to name a few, the next model was always way better, Cat pretty much drove me away from a sport I love, started getting back into sledding with pure Yamaha sleds and remembered how reliable my 340 Enticer was back in 1978 a sled ahead of their time, the new Yamaha's were just as reliable and started to enjoyed the sport I love, then the bad news.. Yamaha was teaming with CAT, hearing this news was like being shot in the nuts with a 50 cal. now Yamaha will have Cat DNA, you can have your dated pro cross, Yamaha did not offer the Sidewinder or the Viper Cat did, if I pulled along side of you with my Apex professionally painted shiny green with fancy artic Cat stickers even wearing a cat jacket would you think I was riding a Cat? remember that the next time you swing your leg over your Viper.

We tend to brand bash quite a bit on this site, and it will not stop. And since early 2013 when the partnership was announced, many bleed a bit more Blue-green than some others.

What we do here is bash in jest, fun etc knowing that nobody makes "JUNK" anymore. And we don't bash what each other choose to drive now. And coming onto a Yamaha specific forum and calling any previous Yamaha model "JUNK" flat out is just opening yourself up to some personal bashing, and it's not needed here. Heck, we didn't bash the 2007 phazer guys too badly.

Coming from an owner of a first year Phazer 4-stroke and first year Viper four stoke, but still going back to my Apex XTX as my daily driver, I think I have a good indication of what junk is, what not perfect is, and what reliable is. And i don't need to share that here, everyone will make their own decision no matter how I feel or what I say.

20/80, sorry that you are so bitter about the Yamacats. What you have to realize is that the day of the delta box has passed; the design was good for its day, but that day has long ago gone by without any significant improvement to the chassis by Yamaha. There is no longer enough of a market, even with the Yamaha faithful who love them, to justify manufacturing them anymore. If there was enough of a market, Yamaha, or one of the other manufacturers, would undoubtedly make a sled with the delta box ergonomics. I think that the way we have to look at it is that, but for the partnership between Yamaha and Cat, there probably would be no more Yamahas at all. I loved my Vectors, and I still own one, but they have been no more dependable than my Yamacats. I am just thankful that I can ride sleds that are comfortable, handle well, and have a Yamaha engine.

Sorry that I am a true blue but I have good reason to be, pure Yamaha sleds have kept me in the sport of snowmobiling, I have owned the other brands but Yamaha always left me smiling and a strong comfort of reliability with some minor maintenance lots of trouble free miles, there is no better feeling when traveling with a pack on a pure Yamaha watching some poor sucker on a Cat wrenching on the side of the trail, poo and doo not much better but are getting there, so now Yamaha has been soiled by Cat and has lost 50% comfort of reliability in my eyes and may never get that status back but as a true blue there maybe hope in the near future.

20/80 you will never pull along side of me I don't care what color your Apex is. I have owned 2 Apex's I know what there all about and they are non comparable in the suspension or handling dept. so you can think what you want I owned both I know what the difference is. biffdotorg the only thing I'm calling junk is the chassis and suspension because in my eyes it is in no way shape or form does that delta box compare to a pro cross. I see you also still have a Apex and a Viper witch one of the two gets ridden the most.

LOL.. my delta box does not beat me half to death in fact it is a very nice ride and very reliable and I very seldom ride groomed trails, I have owned Cat sleds and have spent countless dollars fixing them, have been towed and have had to walk home accouple of times in the dark because the engine died or broke and axle just to name a few, the next model was always way better, Cat pretty much drove me away from a sport I love, started getting back into sledding with pure Yamaha sleds and remembered how reliable my 340 Enticer was back in 1978 a sled ahead of their time, the new Yamaha's were just as reliable and started to enjoyed the sport I love, then the bad news.. Yamaha was teaming with CAT, hearing this news was like being shot in the nuts with a 50 cal. now Yamaha will have Cat DNA, you can have your dated pro cross, Yamaha did not offer the Sidewinder or the Viper Cat did, if I pulled along side of you with my Apex professionally painted shiny green with fancy artic Cat stickers even wearing a cat jacket would you think I was riding a Cat? remember that the next time you swing your leg over your Viper.
Am I reading this correctly that you are still bitter about the Cats you owned pre-1978...?

Am I reading this correctly that you are still bitter about the Cats you owned pre-1978...?
I have owned a 440 panther I believe 1976 had a Kawi in it, I have owned in the 90's 440 prowler, 580zr also a 580 Pantera efi, the prowler was the best as far as Cat goes of the bunch, those sleds almost bankrupt me but on another note had a few nice midnight strolls, got lots of exercise, I was pretty discouraged at this point of my snowmobile career, so thinking it would get better I moved to Polaris, LOL

20/80 you will never pull along side of me I don't care what color your Apex is. I have owned 2 Apex's I know what there all about and they are non comparable in the suspension or handling dept. so you can think what you want I owned both I know what the difference is. biffdotorg the only thing I'm calling junk is the chassis and suspension because in my eyes it is in no way shape or form does that delta box compare to a pro cross. I see you also still have a Apex and a Viper witch one of the two gets ridden the most.[/QUOTE You would have to have one good working Viper to out run a Apex, so what do you do with your Viper are you running a snow pro circuit at thief river falls, hill climbing at Jackson hole? why do you think you need so much suspension if you are running groom trails all the time, the Apex shines on groomed trails, you must of liked the Apex, if they were such junk why did you owned two of them. :rofl:

Cat is supposed to release some all new models in November, using a new chassis.
Have no idea if Yamaha is still involved but sure would be nice to see a true JV effort between the 2 with Yamaha overseeing QC and some design elements. I like both companies, just happy to see they are both hanging in.

I heard they will be partnering with Bolens

9073D5FE-2923-4C69-894B-E16B0C77EB75.jpeg

:drink:

Back