• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hay Days

I'd have to agree with biffdotorg about this being one of the best Hay Days that I've been to. Definitely the best one for me at the new location. After the first year parking and logistics problems at the new location the event has been getting better every year and the weather was outstanding this weekend.

We pulled into the parking lot across from the main spectator gate Saturday morning 15 minutes before the gates opened at 7am. No waiting lines to get in to the parking lot and just a short wait to get through the entrance gate when they opened. Our group found everything that we were looking to buy in the swap meet and played a little game with each other trying to find some of the most non-snowmobiling related items that we saw. Here's a short list: golf balls and clubs, meat slicers, bras, a trombone, typewriters, the yearly obligatory kitchen sink, Playboy magazines, and various lawn care and gardening tools.

We stayed all day until Levi's jump at 5:30. I thought that it was a good idea to have the jump at the end of the day to keep the crowd around until the end of the day on Saturday. The only downer was that everyone who stuck around for the jump made for slower than usual traffic getting out, but our wait wasn't too bad either. Maybe next year if the SnoBarons want to have a special event at the end of the day to keep the crowd around longer they could offer the event maybe twice or three times in the afternoon so you could still see it and people could head for home at more of a staggered time than all at once. It was also cool that the SnoBaron's had live music in the food court area at a brand new stage in the afternoon.

I checked the GPS when we headed home yesterday and it showed that we covered over 12 miles walking. My legs and feet will not argue with that number today. Overall a great event.

Thanks again to Tom and also to Yamaha for the swag and organizing the TY photo op. I'm sure that once Tom gets home that he'll post up some pics of the event.

Just about all of the vendors that I talked to yesterday said that this was one of the best Hay Days for them and that some of them were actually running out of product that they brought with them. For anyone who thinks that snowmobiling is a dying sport they have never been to Hay Days. We're already talking about next years event.

Macy, Sydney and I made the annual trek to North Branch, Minnesota to the Sno-Baron's Haydays! We met up with Jarred and Drew for some fun!

This was year #4 for Jarred and I. Year #2 for Macy and this was the first time of many for Drew and Sydney!

My wife, Michelle put together some nice autograph shirts for the girls and they had a blast getting them signed up. Highlights of the day, for them, were flirting with Tucker Hibbert, Levi Lavalle, and sitting on Chris Burandt's $30,000 sled while posing for pictures with this backcountry legend! Grass drags, Terra Cross and Levi's 200' jump were up there as well.

Finding a Team Lavalle FXR jacket for 50% off, Priceless!

Your wife did a most excellent job with the video...kudos to her. It looks like you and your family captured what Hay Days is all about: Fun and family. ;)!

It's a whole different show compared to the days of dragging a wagon full of beer with my buddies. The girls enjoy it way more than I ever imagined.

We walked by the ATV/SXS expo area to find the new 2017 YXZ with paddle shifters and an ultra low line waiting. Macy knew she could not go as you had to be 21, but she insisted that I go take a ride as I had really wanted to do it last year. She says, "you know you will be kicking yourself if you don't do it" She was right, it was awesome, even though I could only get it into second gear on that small track. They Yamaha folk in the demo booth were really cool too. He could tell how excited I was to drive it.

It was funny how many times the girls were caught saying, "I wish it would snow". We put the boat in the lake yesterday only to find that their minds were not on lake time any more. It was obvious that the Vikings game also kept most of the boat traffic to a minimum as well. Piles of empty lifts on the water from boats being stored and just as many lifts already pulled out and on the shoreline.

Port Yamaha would like to thank all the TY guys that stopped by our booth at haydays over the weekend - it was nice to put some faces to some names I've become familiar with over phone for so many years. Wish we could have given out some more advance warning that we were gonna be there to all but we were on the waiting list to get a spot there for some time and we finally got notice we could get in about 2-3 weeks ago so it all came together pretty late (we weren't even listed in the event program...) and was quite a challenge getting our product shipped to us in time to prep for the event (some of our 509 product delivery was even delivered to us at haydays by there corporate semi). All in all it was a great experience as a vendor and we definitely are planning on trying to upgrade our booth size and be back next year. Thanks again to anyone that stopped in!

I haven't even been to the new location, I never missed for about 18 years and my last Haydays was the last year at the Waldoch location. My daughter's birthday is on the 10th, that's why.

One thing I find curious, why is the Outlaw class now being dominated by the 1100 Cat turbo. Originally OSP owned it with the Apex motors. I remember speaking with the owner of OSP a couple years ago when Yamaha and Cat first came out with the Vipers at a Yamaha showing. He claimed he could get over 100 hp more out of an Apex engine in full race turbo mod that he could the 1100 or the 1200 Doo.

I would have to say this was one of the best Haydays ever for weather and conditions. The rain during the week kept the dust down and the weather yesterday could not have been more perfect. Amazing day! Who has the group photo?

Tom, thank you for the swag! Always good to put faces to names at this event as well.

I think the girls had an amazing time this year. The autograph shirts got filled to the edges!

I have been completely swamped since I got back. I will try to get some pictures posted tonight or tomorrow.

It was a perfect weekend for Haydays! Thanks Tom and Yamaha for the free swag and the photo, can't wait to see it!
Port Yamaha, I was pleasantly surprised to see you guys there! Every year I go through the program marking what vendors I need to go by, it was great to see you and can't wait to try my new microstart mini (although not too eager since that means a dead battery)

Overall the best Haydays I have been to yet! and already thinking about next year!

Back