• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Headers, airbox mods and clutch kit

Broue

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
FX Nytro XTX 2009,
Factory race front end
Star suspension relocation kit and revalve
Ski Doo #503192064 center spring
135 mm idler wheels
Oilite bushings
Grizz steering relocator
Tuner ski : 6 ''carbides,
WRP seat
Vector gauge
Custom Taillight
LinQ tank
Sno Sport 1990
Ski Doo Tundra R 1998
I want to get more juice from my nytro.

I don't want a supercharger: $, relability concern and MPG

I can get (used stuff) Excell header, Schmidt brothers intake lid and Schmidt brothers stage 3 clutch. : I keep the stock silencer...

With that set up, the max rpm (info got from the seller) is 8900 rpm.

Do I need a Powercommander?

I can get a PC 3 easily.

About the A/F mix: I don't want to go on the leaner side: I don't want to risk engine problem (I know, it's not a 2 stroke)

Any advice?

Grab the Excell header and then get a hold of Ulmer Racing for his K&N intake and clutch kits. A set of NGK CR10EK's and sled will wake right up. Power Commander optional. I have run mine with and without PC.

Last edited:
That sounds like my brothers kit he is selling, in wasaga right?

He ran that setup for about 4500 kms last season. 87 octane fuel. No issues ever. This season he only took it off cuz he added an fpp stage 1 turbo. Hes put another 4000 kms on that with no issues to the engine. So your call on the power commander.

Last year, my sled had full mbrp exhaust, k and n, pcv and ulmer clutching. I was able to beat him by like 1-2 sled lengths in a race. So if you get a PC on the cheap, sure. But for a couple sled lengths, its up to you if added a power commander is worth it.

Both of us were able to stomp a stock nytro by 5-7 sled lengths in a short race.

Just an FYI, I put the EVO flash in my Nytro....best thing I ever did. Even tho it mentions to run a more free exhaust, I am still running everything stock except for some minor clutching and the thing is a missle!

Plus it fixed my handwarmer issue also.

Missle? This thing claims 6 hp . That's a lot, wouldn't you get 6 hp with just the exhaust upgrades? Just a question not trying to get in to a passing match here . Screenshot_2016-03-08-07-55-41.png

EVO claims 6 hpr., but it feels so much more.

Agree, no pissing match here either....but I had it done and it's not even the same sled anymore. 105mph on gps and has pull like a turbo on bottom end.

@boostednytro has a turbo nytro and rode mine. Crazy how different my sled became after the EVO flash.

That EVO fash I was very impressed on how it woke that nytro up pulls hard for a n/a motor

EVO claims 6 hpr., but it feels so much more.

Agree, no pissing match here either....but I had it done and it's not even the same sled anymore. 105mph on gps and has pull like a turbo on bottom end.

@boostednytro has a turbo nytro and rode mine. Crazy how different my sled became after the EVO flash.

Im sure your sled is a bit faster with the flash, but it doesn't pull like a turbo from any speeds. Dont get carried away. lol

Yeah agreed.... a turbo is PULL.....no N/A will do the same.

That said, the Nytro in N/A trim is much improved with better breathing and improved fuel mapping. I have the excell/k&n/PC5/Ulmer clutch and I don't really care how much "extra HP" it makes up top. What I can say is that it pulls much harder from idle to WOT and modulates way better than any stock Nytro. I don't run out of power on our short "eastern" climbs. Feels like 10 extra HP and probably is but the boost on the bottom to 1/2 throttle is where it really shines....Think torque!!

You won't be sorry you added some N/A go fast parts IMO.

OTM

Not getting carried away....truth is it keeps up to turbo sleds till 70, then the turbo sleds pull away. That is why I mentioned bottom end in my earlier post.

I figured I would add my facts from my sled because this was for mods going on an N/A sled....and thought I could help out. There are different ways to make a sled fast and if you can make it faster without making it louder or less reliable.....that is where you win.

So I might just look @ getting the EVO . I would like to hear of anybody else that has that with a stock set up. I do have a carbon fiber Yoshimura tri-oval,
I put it on just to listen to the sound, and it was a bit loud and I did see some flames come out of the tip. The guy I bought the can from said I can repack
It and buy a quiet tip for it ,anybody know anything about this ? If so I think I will go with this set up .

Not getting carried away....truth is it keeps up to turbo sleds till 70, then the turbo sleds pull away. That is why I mentioned bottom end in my earlier post.

I figured I would add my facts from my sled because this was for mods going on an N/A sled....and thought I could help out. There are different ways to make a sled fast and if you can make it faster without making it louder or less reliable.....that is where you win.

There is something wrong with the turbo sled you've raced. I have had both, and raced many stock nytros.

I had all the bolt ons on my sled, i was able to smash stock nytros, was the same or quicker than most 800cc sleds, would beat an apexs no problem untill 100mph. It was alot of fun, it catwalked easier etc.

With the turbo its a completely different story. If you werent so far i would love to line it up. You wont be close for a a second, nevermind up till 70. LOL. Im not trying to start #*$&@ or anything, but i dont want guys reading this thread thinking they can get an EVO flash and hang with a turbo sled till 70. You'll get beat so bad from any speed you will think your sled is running on 2 cylinders. As a plus I consistently use less fuel than a stock sled when trail riding.

My 2 cents.....Hurricane kit with Full Hindle exhaust, air box mod, PC5 and clutching. Kit adds 18 hp, exhaust reduces weight by 10 lbs, runs on 87 octane and fuel mileage is as good as stock or better, and no more donuts to deal with....plus it wakes up the sleds and make it haul #*$&@. This kit has been around for a few years and 99.9% of the people with it have raved about it. It's dead nuts reliable also.

I have also heard of a couple guys that have hung with 180 hp turbo or supercharged sleds to 100 mph before the boosted buggy walked away....no I can't confirm this and won't make the claim that's it s true, but the fella that made the claim was apparently a great tuner who used to race Turk back in the day. I have run with a Mach Z 1000 to about 900 ft. I also recently did some 1000ft radar runs with friends...I ran 101 ( with crappy clutching) while my buddy with a turbo ZR 7000 ran 105...so I'd say that's kinda close. That being said, traction may have been an issue for him cause any other time he just walked away from me lol.

Regardless of all that, the Hurricane kit is awesome and safe.

So is the EVO a safe kit ? I haven't heard of any one that has it in there sled, what could possibly happen ? Plus u get warm hands. Nos-pro. has one and by the looks of it he has a fast sled in his signature ,thinking it might be a good bet . For like 360.00 not bad .how much is the hurricane kit ? Thinking I might give EVO call .

There is something wrong with the turbo sled you've raced. I have had both, and raced many stock nytros.

I had all the bolt ons on my sled, i was able to smash stock nytros, was the same or quicker than most 800cc sleds, would beat an apexs no problem untill 100mph. It was alot of fun, it catwalked easier etc.

With the turbo its a completely different story. If you werent so far i would love to line it up. You wont be close for a a second, nevermind up till 70. LOL. Im not trying to start #*$&@ or anything, but i dont want guys reading this thread thinking they can get an EVO flash and hang with a turbo sled till 70. You'll get beat so bad from any speed you will think your sled is running on 2 cylinders. As a plus I consistently use less fuel than a stock sled when trail riding.

Sorry, but this Nytro has gone against 5 very popular, good running turbo sleds on this site....that is why I mentioned it.

Again, I am stoked for what the flash did to "my" Nytro and had to have a bunch of people on this site ride it so they could believe it for themselves. A viper owner on this site who has pretty much every mod done to his Viper was pissed and told me to put it back in the trailer cause he was so bummed that the pull from my Nytro made his Viper seem like everything he did was for nothing. And this person has run upper 100's with his Viper.

I guarantee you would be shocked yourself... But, hey.... I'll leave this where it is right now.... it's ok, I have big shoulders. Yup, would love to run ya....

Back