• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

headlight adjustment

happy1426

Expert
went on a big trip on the weekend and i have hids in and they don't do much on hi so looking to move the lowers up just a little higher, not enough to blind people but just a little higher whats the procedure to adjust these lights? thanks

You have to take the small panel off between the handle bars and the gauge pod.
Then reach way in there with a long slotted screwdriver or a ratchet and an extension and turn the silver nut/screw
The nut/screw is on the back of the headlight pod between the two lights.
My description sucks, but it is in your manual.
Turn adjusting screw clockwise to raise the beam.
Turn counter clockwise to lower the beam.

The silver nut that adjusts the headlight is a 10mm and Philips in the middle. Like IH8CROWS said, remove the cover to gain access to the area. Attach a 10mm socket to a long flexible extension and weave your way onto the adjuster.
I set mine to work best on High beam and when passing people flip down to Low beam which basically shines light 10 feet in front of the sled.
I made an adjuster that I can adjust the headlight on the fly.
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/headlight-adjuster.147909/

adjust for high beam for sure way better like Steiner says. bring it down so high beam covers the ground in front of you.

Back