• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help me pull trigger in TURBO!

mbarryracing said:
ghost rider said:
mcx ers...what about turbo lag?......and don't tell me there isn't any.....
I rode an rx1 with an mcx turbo and then a front mount turbo... The front mount was far superior to my style of trail riding ie... No lag... None. On a trail lag is a killer for performance and handling you can't rail into- through and -out of a corner with any turbo lag
and expect a great result.... Good maybe, but not great.
The mxc has proven great for radar runs or any straight line performance but in turn to turn high speed trail riding the (mxc) or any rear mount turbo lacks high speed drivability on the trails big time.
Barry, that has a ton more to do with clutching then actual lag from the design of a rear mount. Poor clutch setup produces percieved turbo lag, too heavy weight with wrong selection of helix angle while trying to keep it off the rev limiter then it subsequently will build rev's slower too. Flywheel effect...
Another could be the model of turbo used, bigger exhaust housing for more flow can reduce response too.
My rear mount will respond with the best SC's and front mounts but explosive response doesn't mean it will be the first to every corner on the trail... I've actually had to subdue mine a little because it would too easily just break the track loose and not accelerate as quick. Top fuel dragsters go no where quick when they just spin the tires...

X2X2X2 :Rockon:

Ahhhh clutching, thanks for the tip. I have yet to tackle the clutch.
I wasn't a fan of the early rear mounts however I only rode one sled with
A rear mount so it's not necessarily representative.
Its good to hear different feedback so I can at least get some education on the
Different set ups so thanks for updating me I was unaware that the rear mounts
can have no lag.
I have fantastic traction on snow so the instant power is great
for me and works very well on the trail.....vide below.

The turbo nytro must be a fantastic package! The push turbo site is very well laid out
And looks to be a solid package.... I notice that it comes with a clutch kit.

http://youtu.be/jRAeDB_1RqU

Barry

Back