• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help please 12 yamaha apex turns like crap

Are these skis good for float ?

Snobil: If referring to C&A's above, depending on what type of C&A (see their web page for different types available), some skis are wider than stock Yam ski's, so would think better flotation the wider you go.

Running with the U blades.
I found Semi Aggressive SnoTrackers work best on 2011 and newer ski's and run these on my Apex XTX Turbo.
I put 2010 Apex ski's on my 2013 Apex with Aggressive SnoTrackers and they are even better.
Aggressive's on 2011 & newer skis are not as good as Semi Aggressive IMHO.
I used to Run Deuce Bars but they had more drag and pushed.
Set your transfer rod at 1/4 unless you like to race or want more transfer.
Limiter strap up one hole from max length.
they changed the ski spindle location in 2012 so if you get aggressive make sure they are for the right year and aggressive are way better than semi in my opinion.

has anyone here used the snowtrackers for the dual keel skis?

has anyone here used the snowtrackers for the dual keel skis?
I have them on my winder I plan to go on the first trip with it leaving on Friday the 5th and be back the 16th. I do plan to report back on them. I got the new aggressive ones that just came out this year.

I have been trying to get my 2011 XTX to handle as well as my previous sled which was a 2008 LTX GT. I like the longer track but the handling is just not there. I should add that I have a Star suspension kit with revalved shocks (by Star) on it. The skis are the same on the 2006-10’s and then changed for 2011 and they just don’t work as well. I tried aggressive Snow Trackers on the 2011 skis, they helped but still wasn’t the same. I went to C&A XCS skis with 9” carbide Shaper Bars. The sled goes where you point it but steering effort is way too much even with EPS. I just picked up a pair of used 2006-10 skis and put aggressive Snow Trackers on them. I only have been able to put an hour or so on the sled and so far it’s great! It feels just like my old sled. I wish I would have tried this before spending all that money on the C&A’s. The used 2006-10 skis were cheap and with the Snow Trackers, they are working great.

I have been trying to get my 2011 XTX to handle as well as my previous sled which was a 2008 LTX GT. I like the longer track but the handling is just not there. I should add that I have a Star suspension kit with revalved shocks (by Star) on it. The skis are the same on the 2006-10’s and then changed for 2011 and they just don’t work as well. I tried aggressive Snow Trackers on the 2011 skis, they helped but still wasn’t the same. I went to C&A XCS skis with 9” carbide Shaper Bars. The sled goes where you point it but steering effort is way too much even with EPS. I just picked up a pair of used 2006-10 skis and put aggressive Snow Trackers on them. I only have been able to put an hour or so on the sled and so far it’s great! It feels just like my old sled. I wish I would have tried this before spending all that money on the C&A’s. The used 2006-10 skis were cheap and with the Snow Trackers, they are working great.

Another victim of drinking the koolaid at the sled show! It’s happened to all of us! :)

Ride on my friend! G’day!

Thanks for all of the great input. I just bought the aggessive snow tracker kit. I will report back after I try them out. Hopefully this thing doesn' turn like crap anymore. I may also install a 13mm waybar after i see if the snow trackers helped out.

I didn't find much difference with 13mm sway bar on mine the 11 and up already have a 12mm sway bar from the factory so it is an improvement over the last gen apexes.

Steering effort with C&A’s can be drastically reduced by moving the spindle mounting point back 1” on the skis.

Ok 11 up Apexes have 12mm swaybar installed from the factory huh? Cool thats nice to know. I guess i wont buy the 13mm swaybar then. Prob wont make much of a difference.

Well this sucks nobody has the agressive snow trackers in stock. I ordered them and they called me saying they were atleast 3 weeks out. I guess ill have to try adjusting the suspension and see if it helps any.

Well this sucks nobody has the agressive snow trackers in stock. I ordered them and they called me saying they were atleast 3 weeks out. I guess ill have to try adjusting the suspension and see if it helps any.

C&A’s are better.....just saying.

Back