• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hesitation in trottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greggie42

Veteran
Guys, i know there have been some disgussion on this topic but it seem like to me that almost all Nytro`s have this glitch. i have 2 2008 nytro MTX`s completely stock and both have it. i by passed the TORS system like is shows in the manual ,i adjusted my trottle cable like the manual said. Its not a real serous problem but its sounds bad and feel like that machine is old and wrecked, any new ides on it anyone?
Gregg in Newfoundland canada

Pretty sure it sais in the manual to unhook the TORS wires and join them togather to form a bypass.(there is even a picture)
Is there a way i can contact yamaha myself? the dealers arn`t helpfull on this at all!!
both my nytro`s have less than 1500 klms and they sould like old worn out junks!! i really want this fixed is there someone i can contact?

That's not in the owners manual but I believe someone just posted pics on here of how they did it at home. Either way, not here to argue. Just couldn't see how the owners manual would tell you how to bypass a safety system. You have anymore information as to when this happens, what RPM range etc....

Thanks, yea, its mostly right off the start and no matter how slow you push the trottle it still misses at around 2000-2600 rpms, and sometimes at higher rpms its do it a little, it sounds like a computer problem to me.
The thing that i don`t like is that the machine is underwarrenty but the dealers don`t know what to do about it! yamaha needs to gie this some attention, thanks

I posted about the exact same problem about a month ago but not much responce. I'm not wishing anybody any bad luck but its good to hear that this is a real problem. Seems that the 3 cyl--4 stroke is the only one that has this problem. Its about time for the factory to find a cure. My dealer has been working on it and has helped it a little. I hate to spend 10 grand for a lemon. My rear suspension looks like a low rider as soon as you get on it. It drops about 4 inches and never recovers unless you pull it up by hand. Mine is a 09 XTX still under warrenty.

THANKS SAM, I HAVE ALWAYS BOUGHT YAMAHA PRODUCT, generally they are more reliable than the onther companies in my opinion. but when you do have a problem its like they want it kept secret or something. come on let us know that you are working on a fix for this hesitation and we will be satisfied but i have been hard pressed to get the problem even accepted as being reality!!!

Gregg, I think i know what you mean... i only notice it when driving at very very slow speeds and if you work the trottle it will go away. I am not very good at explaining but i have noticed this since day one.
What part of NL are you from? Lab side or NL side? You should add your location to your profile.

I really honestly don't think that this is a very serious problem if a problem at all! If you had a bad bog as soon as you punch it or a bog somewhere in the higher RPM range then I could see worrying about it but from the way you describe it it just seems like the nature of the engine! That's not making excuses for Yamaha either I just don't think they're doing anything because there's not a problem.

No its no big deal BUT it do have some guys wondering on their first ride it just takes some getting use to.

Thanks Guys, i`m from the Island part of NL.
I CAN LIVE WITH THIS THING YES! however ,i think a inovative company like yamaha doesn`t need to have glitches like this,i hav3e been talking to 4 dealerships here in NL and noone even tried to help, they are aware off it cause i think every nytro has it. i hear young guys with pipes on thier nytro`s which makes it really noticeable, but they don`t care as long as it can pile up snow behind it!
i think it should be fixed it sounds bad ,and it is a design flaw!!!!

If this was a new car, no one would be accept it. I don't recall the dealer saying--"Oh by the way these motors have a running problem at low rpm, but thats normal". After 4 or 5 attemps to fix mine, then Yamaha told the dealer it was normal. If customers new of this problem ahead of time, they probably would'nt sell as many.

Great point sam, i have been askin the guys if there is a way through this site when a customer could register a complaint to Yamaha? are you aware of a way ?
The same thing happend with the slides wearing in one spot on the 2008 Nytro MTX yamaha said it was just guys using Mountain machines on trails and dismissed it. HOWEVER the 2009 nytro MTX has a pair of extra wheels put in the very spot where the wear was taking place. I dunno.

Gregg a good addon for the mtx if you run on trails is a set if ice scratchers they work very good. I think they are a must for any deep lug machine i even have them on my attak.

Yea, some off my friends have them but you have to take em up when you reverse i think.
I bought the extra wheel kits last year ,this year they are standard equipmenton the MTX.
Where in Lab are you living?

Back