• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hesitation in trottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is very easy to bypass the TORS system. I’ve had mine disconnected all season because I’ve installed a new throttle on my sled. If the fact that I am not aware of an issue is a proof that a problem does not exist, then I guess it’s all good.

Understand that it is safety system so I would not advocate bypassing the TORS feature as a long-term strategy. But if your intent is to determine if the system causing your problems, then pull off the top panel and undo the boot covering the connectors on the right side of the headlight. Look for two identical shaped connectors (with only one wire going in and out of each) and pull these apart. The two ends on the motor side can then be plugged into each other. Now the TORS feature will be bypassed.

The throttle lever pivots on a shaft that is constrained in a slot on the handlebar assembly. When you push the flipper this shaft moves forward in the slot to engage a small switch. When this switch is engaged it closes the circuit in the same way as the bypass described above. If the shaft is not moving freely in the slot or the switch is sticking or faulty the TORS feature will malfunction. I can imagine if you’re blipping the throttle quickly the switch may not be responding as intended to cause the hesitation you notice.

If this fixes your hesitation you can look into having the switch replaced or the cleaning up the slot so the shaft moves freely.

hesitation

2009 SE 500 miles definate miss at around 2000-2500 rpms, and does one of those fancy boxes help this ? all 100% stock and no plans on changing it ,only a box if it will help. its really starting to get obvious and will it get worse?

Back