• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID Bulbs

Grizz I think you and I were chatting about the bulbs last year and the changes made to them because I was referring to your thread getting ready to do the shield mod and contacted you about the change. There is a difference with the high beam but I never need to use them. I thought about just buying the low beam bulb but I didn't want to take a chance of them using a different shield. For the price they are I will stick with installing the hi/lo kits.

Last year we were in a snow storm coming home. The wind was blowing the snow horizontally and I was thinking to my self when I was driving , if the lights would shine just a 100 feet further I could go faster. I then looked at the speedo and I was doing 70 mph. My buddy who's sled was in the head light picture was so far back I could only see his lights when he was climbing up a hill or cresting the top. He was at least 2 miles back and going slow.

When we got back to our vehicles and were ready to leave I had to get out of my truck to see if my headlights were actually on. It seemed like I had daytime driving lights on, they were that dull compared to my sled.

One of the best mods a person can do to their nytro if they drive at night.

I love 'em, my buddy with mirrors not so much. I only run on low, plenty bright.
Groomer operator that he goes with had some words to say one night but his 15 lights shinning in my face is ok?
He'll know I'm coming next time :)
image.jpg

I am looking at buying the sled start kit , i like the idea of plug and play and not having to hard wire anything in . Anyone know of any dealers running any kind of deal on sled start kits ?

I am looking at buying the sled start kit , i like the idea of plug and play and not having to hard wire anything in . Anyone know of any dealers running any kind of deal on sled start kits ?

I would buy the kit from Rockmeister... dont bother with the other kits... Rocks plug and play, supports and price is unbeatable.

I have Rock kit and it was super easy to install.....like Mrsled said his customer support was unreal...

Most kits are similiar. Bought many from different vendors and most all look the same. Doesn't matter if cheap or expensive price. Quality usually similiar. Haven't tried them all of course. I do have 9 sets currently spread across all I own. Customer service and warranty can vary. I know the best prices. With best warranty and is plug and play. My experiences buying and warranty have been great. Message me if you want more details.

My nytro was 35 watt last yr and just upgraded 2 days ago to 55 watt 4300k bulbs. Last year mounted like Grizz did which is mount by steering post and my way at sides of radiator.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413538267.267066.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413538460.429162.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413538468.628191.jpg

why is the 55 watt ballast an upgrade. From what I understand the higher wattage ballast is going to make the 4300k bulbs look more like a 5000k bulb. You don't want to get into the the blue color region and I believe using a 35 watt ballast with 4300 or 4500k bulbs give optimal illumination on the snow.

Well what I can tell you so far with my one trailer test is that they are WAY brighter and makes it WAY harder to look at. Bigger output of light regardless of color and I understand the different bulbs shading differently. Had them laying around so why not. Highly doubt I will go back but will give you reports come winter to confirm.

I just ordered up a set of 35 watt 4300K ddm HID's. It is just as much plug and play as the others and the couple hundred bucks in my pocket is studding my nytro instead!

I suppose I could just change goggle lens accordingly to get the proper shade if the bulbs change colors with bigger ballasts etc.

Just received 2 sets today for our sleds. Looking forward to an enlightened experience. lol

Not talking more or less. Talking diff colors and shade of goggle lens like we do anyways. Blue, yellow, amber etc. Simple really.

Back