• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many are happy with thier Viper?

Are you happy with your Viper?

• Yes

Votes: 92 92.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.0%

• Total voters

Gentlemen
I traded my 14 Viper in on the 16 RTXSE.
I installed my MBRP Trail can,
Removed washers from secondary, New 8DN belt with OSP adjuster sitting perfect,
Ulmer Primary /Secondary clutch kits set up with 2 weights on tip, 2 on Keel and Stock spring on Secondary set to 3/3.
I absolutely Love the Pull off the start. I LOve how it handels. I Love the new quick adjust shock package and dual runner skis. BUT I am getting my #*$&@ kicked on the lake? Even by a totally stock 16 Viper? 143km/hr is tops!
Any Help Dialling this in would be appreciated!
Barney

Time to shave some weight off that belly of yours!!! Maybe too many beers left in the cargo bag. Cheap 87 octane E10 gas won't win any races against 91 octane straight gas. Barney. Get that clutching right then come see me on the lake LOL! 156km/hr on a snowy lake Real GPS speed. 159 on dreammeter.

I am happy with mine ( STX DX ) just going to do a rear shock 141 kit for better trail ride just my preference All in All I love it

I love the handling of my 2016 LTX LE with the new shocks. But this chain case leak is really starting to make me angry. It has been into the dealer 3 times. Still leaks, they have replaced everything now it is leaking out of the sight glass.

Got my 2016 137" ltx on February 12 and currantly have 2000 trouble free Kms on and damn I love this sled. This is my first machine and I can def say I am hooked. Love the torque and throttle response. Wish I had a little more top end so the 2-stroke buddies i travel with would shut up but I can live with that! All stock except for mbrp trail can.

Got my 2016 137" ltx on February 12 and currantly have 2000 trouble free Kms on and damn I love this sled. This is my first machine and I can def say I am hooked. Love the torque and throttle response. Wish I had a little more top end so the 2-stroke buddies i travel with would shut up but I can live with that! All stock except for mbrp trail can.
Set your up your LTX with a turbo, clutch and gears and you buddies will have to live with it.

I love the handling of my 2016 LTX LE with the new shocks. But this chain case leak is really starting to make me angry. It has been into the dealer 3 times. Still leaks, they have replaced everything now it is leaking out of the sight glass.
Have them check the vent. Maybe chaincase is causing leaks by being pressurized when it gets warm from use.

Set your up your LTX with a turbo, clutch and gears and you buddies will have to live with it.
Yeah I just spent 18k on the sled I'm not going to drop another 6-7k just trying to stay ahead of a couple guys.

Well I joined the new sled club this fall,2015 STXDX, last new sled was in 1982,so it was a big move! Can I say I am happy,not sure,sled spent 3 weeks in the hospital for a dry chaincase damage,(oil leaked out),I cannot find an air pressure setting that I am happy with the ride of the rear on our typical back trails(not groomed)it's too stiff or kicky and hurts my back!I don't mind it for the open lakes or other driving other that I have to pick up the front and slide it over on the streets or gas stations 'cause the ski rods won't grab.And one noticeable thing is it's a COLD sled to drive !...

Well I joined the new sled club this fall,2015 STXDX, last new sled was in 1982,so it was a big move! Can I say I am happy,not sure,sled spent 3 weeks in the hospital for a dry chaincase damage,(oil leaked out),I cannot find an air pressure setting that I am happy with the ride of the rear on our typical back trails(not groomed)it's too stiff or kicky and hurts my back!I don't mind it for the open lakes or other driving other that I have to pick up the front and slide it over on the streets or gas stations 'cause the ski rods won't grab.And one noticeable thing is it's a COLD sled to drive !...
My sled was cold the first drive out then I put the medium height windshield and made a huge difference.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 101
Well if a guy or chick is under 5'8 you'll be safe even with the tall wind. but I am 6'2 and my head is well into the jet stream over the windshield!!

Yeah I just spent 18k on the sled I'm not going to drop another 6-7k just trying to stay ahead of a couple guys.
Im sorry you paid that much for your LTX. If I paid $18k I think I would expect to stay ahead of (or at least keep up with) "a couple guys."

Im sorry you paid that much for your LTX. If I paid $18k I think I would expect to stay ahead of (or at least keep up with) "a couple guys."
I can most certainly keep up with them just don't have the high top speed numbers that they claim to have. And that's the going price for a viper in my area.

Back