• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to clean Excell Exhaust silencer

stunter1

Expert
I got a used Excell exhaust for my Phazer and the finish needs some TLC. I think its a stainless steel muffler but not sure.

Anyways I want to clean it and not sure what to use. I dont want to sand it with fine grit and polish it since it will require constant maintenance and be frosty when not clean. What can I do to clean it without taking any finish off. I just want to shine it up but not polish. Am I making sense?

thanks all, Merry Christmas!

i'd try some carb cleaner on a clean rag to get the surface crud off and see what you are left with probably have to use some polish after that.

Ive got some Brasso metal polish but I wasnt sure if was too agressive and would take any coating off. I tried some on a section that wouldnt be seen but theres no telling how the metal will look after a couple rides and the polishing isnt kept up on.

Any metal polish will work....it discoloured or do you just want it to shine?

i clean the soot off my stainless tip on my diesel pickup using carb cleaner and a clean rag - works good.

Back