• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane high HP blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before this gets carried away.There is no need to point fingers to engine guy's or to anyone else.The fact is that we at Hurricane Performance have worked hard and spent tons of money in order to come up with a block that is unique in the industry.I believe that it's the only one like it in the industry.It has been an evolution in the making to date.As we see an issue,be it design or assembly,we are sure to address it.We are not claiming to be perfect.Just striving for perfection.If you don't believe that this block will work for you,don't buy it.However,the people that have bought this block and other products and services have been happy or we are working to help them to be happy.We can't do more then that.This is a good site and I value the talk that happens hear.It's in the interest of all of us to keep it positive

bIG hp BLOCKS

Well the few guys I know that are trying to make big HP most have failed real bad and spent there money with no real big HP.
I tell Dave ( Hurricane ) don't worry about pushing 600 HP cause no one can use it anyhow.
Had a conversation with Need for speed about big HP and guys that say they run over 20 psi boost and 400 hp are full of it!
I get nervous with a real 325Hp sled and everything goes through 1 little belt, so lightweight your mountain sleds and drags sleds and work on how not to loose Hp through drive train.
Have fun and save some money and run max 18 psi with the right setup. Hurricane and Cliff I think made 400 HP with only 20 psi boost.
One stop Jim has proven he is getting it done and he should feel very proud ! I don't set any records but I will always support a good guy tying his best for his customers and his passion for Big HP Sleds.
Maybe one day I will get to meet some more guys that like to make history and have some fun doing it.
Dave Forsyth
http://www.powderlites.com

This is a great thread !! I've also been curious to hear about any mountain or trail ridden sleds running these blocks, 500 ft drag racing on flat ground doesn't mean chit to me. Is this a practical engine for day to day riding? I have been holding off, tearing my motor down because I want to build it right once. :yam:

You nailed it Dave anything over 350 is unuseable in trail form plus the fact that it can put you in a box, I scared myself real bad last saturday with my apex at 100+mph it tryed to blow back over lucky for me got to the lever in time, I have a new respect for my sled .. Guys who are craving 400 and up get real its not useable . Like Dave states a good solid well clutched 300 hp is probably the limit. As for Hurricane it is amazing the dedication he shows to get a great product, He truly is a mad scientist, he thinks outside the box and that creates great things. Great work Dave Marshall pat yourself cause I cant reach from here.

I appreciate that people are inquiring minds that wanna know more about a product before putting down hard cash, but I sensed some negativity in some of the posts.

What I said was just a warning so noone gets carried away. This is a very informative post that I would hate to see ruined by negativity.

TY4Stroke policy is that any problems with products has to be taken care of directly with the manufacturer, not here on the forums.

rxrider
TY Management

ringer - Welcome to the site

Please add your location in your user profile, site requirement :)

rxrider
TY Management

Ringer,I looked at the block that was sent to me and the sleeves were mint.The issue was the head gasket.When your engine builder uses the supplied gasket,your engine will seal up purfect.
These block are O ringed.They cannot be used with the stock Apex head gasket as the O ring will hold the head up off the block.The issue is not the same with the RX1 engines as the center layer of the head gasket is aluminum.That allows the O ring to crush into the gasket .We use Cometic gaskets for the Apex engines

respect

i spoke to Dave once and helped me out on a problem i had with a product he dont even sell, he took the time and steared me in the right direction,,as for big H/P well if you look back at some of my threads you will find i had my sled at the dyno at Dyno tech, made 260h/p. Let me tell you even at that h/p in the trails that thing is crazy nuts, you need to have big balls and respect, so anyways Dave keep up your dedication to the sport and good luck in futur endavours.

Ringer,
It turns out that the block that I thought was yours,wasn't.It was ok.We have your complete engine here.I have a personal interest in your engine because of all the talk about sleeve issues and the like.I have disassembled your engine today and I must call a spade a spade.Your engine DOES have a sleeve that has settled .0025in.It is my opinion that that is to much and I am in the process of fixing your block.This block was originally made before some manufacturing changes took place to prevent this although this is the first block of all the western blocks that have settled outside of tollerence.
Rest assured that this issue was addressed some time ago and will also be addressed with your block as timely as possible.

Dave
The block you originally thought was Ringer's, was probably mine. As my block was also manufactured before the changes took place, should my block be sent back to you for manufacturing updates? Or is it too late?
Do you think this block is ready to be run? Is it possible that the sleeves could drop in my block as well? And if so, will the head gasket compensate for any imperfections?

Thanks.
Motorhead

dave thanks for looking into my engine , i respect people who stand behind there products , as you know i want the thing running as soon as possible , you were recomended to me as the engine to go with to last at higher boosts , i want it dependable and strong , thats all i am asking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back