• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane turbo review

I like it . you do give up stability On trail but better than I thought but works really well in the powder . Plan is to put 2.25 power claw and use her for a boondocking dream sled

Air Intake temp seems to run at 30C @ -20C
How is every one else doing?
I am not running an after cooler.

Ok i didn't want to do this but Dave has forced my hand. I recently bought a 270-400 turbo kit from Dave, and installed it on my 2015 viper. After the installation I was blowing the ISC fuse only at full throttle. I called Dave and he worked with me. He sent me a wiring diagram that ended up being wrong. We found this out later as I had swapped the wires to correct the problem, and it caused other issues. So I put the wires back, but the original problem of blowing the ISC fuse was still happening. After that i took it to the dealer to have them take a look at it. This is a nightmare as they use the turbo as a reason to void the warranty. Anyway they had the sled for three weeks and couldn't figure it out. Then one of my friends was able to get a ledgable set of prints for the sled. I was looking them over and noticed the fuel pump runs on the same fuse as the ISC motor. The 270-400 kit was sent with an in tank Walbro 400 pump to replace the stock pump. VIOLA that's it I said to myself. Since the new setup uses manifold vacuum/pressure reference, when the boost goes up so does the fuel pressure, causing more ampere draw, thus blowing the fuse.
So I called Dave to ask him what fuel pump I was suppose to be running. He says I think you got the inline pump right? I said no I have the in tank pump. Oh we changed the kit he says. He confirmed it was suppose to be a Walbro 400. Then he realizes his mistake and says just use a bigger fuse and all will be good. We will have to update the instructions to use a bigger ISC fuse. So I called the dealer to get my sled back ASAP, didn't tell them I had it figured out, just wanted it back. Well since they didn't figure it out they only charged me a minimal amount $200, but I know they had more time on it than that. Well that ended up being the fix, and I called Dave because I figured he would make good on the deal, but I was wrong. He seems to think nothing was his fault. He refused to pay and hung up on me :( I couldn't believe it he has been so good so far I was flabbergasted !
Anyway this problem has ruined over half of my season, the lousy $200 bucks for him not to pay is redicoulous. I should be getting paid for figuring it out, I spent many hours, and ended up figuring it out not Dave. I'm lucky it didn't take the dealer 12 hours, that would have been $1000 bill!!!!!

Sucks to hear your season got cut short, I am not on Dave's side, but I wouldn't expect him to pay.

Dave would have made his money back on ME ALONE if he would have accepted fault, and done the right thing. I guess some people just have to learn the hard way.

It was your choice to take it to the dealer.. most guys would have just played with it themselves.

Not really Dealer John, after I had unplugged the harness for the PCV,
I called Dave and told him it was still blowing the fuse. At that point he said well then "it can't be the turbo kit causing the problem" I told him I was taking it to the dealer, and he agreed. I asked him if they find something the kit caused, would he back me up, he said we will make it right, but I'm sure it's got nothing to do with my kit.

Also my time and three canceled weekends mean nothing?

With that kind of an attitude your not really a dealer I would want to do business with

It's a lousy $200 bucks, more the principal of the whole thing!

Last edited:
I have said this many times a turbo sled or a turbo is not for everyone. You must be willing to take some things in your own hands. I have two of Dave's kits a 270/400hp and a 240hp and soon to get a 190hp and yes I have had problems but all have been my own fault and dad has more than worked with me on them to the point of answer the phone on Sunday.

So this was caused by me?
I don't think so, but feel free to comment if you do not agree.
Dave did not give me the proper instructions for installing the kit, it's that simple. I was one of the first to get the in tank fuel pump. His instructions left out the fact that the ISC fuse needs to be bigger.

I don't really agree with that either because if the fuel pump shorts out, the wires are 20 gauge, they could become hot before blowing the fuse. He says they have no issues running a 30 amp fuse in place of the 15 amp, but you won't have a problem until a wire rubs through or a pump goes bad, then that wire becomes very hot and could cause a fire. Fuses are there for the protection of wires not devices.

Last edited:
So this was caused by me?
I don't think so, but feel free to comment if you do not agree.
Dave did not give me the proper instructions for installing the kit, it's that simple. I was one of the first to get the in tank fuel pump. His instructions left out the fact that the ISC fuse needs to be bigger.

I don't really agree with that either because if the fuel pump shorts out, the wires are 20 gauge, they could become hot before blowing the fuse. He says they have no issues running a 30 amp fuse in place of the 15 amp, but you won't have a problem until a wire rubs through or a pump goes bad, then that wire becomes very hot and could cause a fire. Fuses are there for the protection of wires not devices.

I think this is just one of those bad deals caused by putting an aftermarket turbo on a Viper. I've set up several Vipers with intank Walbro pumps and not had this problem - maybe you just got one that draws a bit more power????? It sucks everyone has to play the blame game. I blame the dealer for spending that much time on it more then I would blame Dave miles away trying to diagnose a sled over the phone guessing what it could be. They had the sled, wiring diagrams and should have been able to tell you within an hour the fuel pump is on that fuse and might be the cause of the problem, especially if you gave them the full details of the install and an aftermarket fuel pump was installed.

If you are worried about the wiring solve it for $20 and put a relay right at the fuel pump fused to the battery controlled by the fuel pump circuit - 1/2 hr job tops

That's really not the point. $200 is only 3 hours shop time. About what I would expect to pay to get it figured out. I know the dealer spent almost triple that but was nice enough to only charge me for three hours. Small price for for Dave to pay considering it was his mistake. I am a customer who paid over $6000 for what I thought was a turn key turbo kit. Put yourself in my position......... Would you like getting hung up on?
I gave him no reason to treat me in such a fashion. I was very courteous, even when continually being interrupted on the phone. Buyer beware is my point.

I'm with you on this one. I would take that turbo out sell it and buy a different one. I would be snapping. I don't think you are at fault at all. He should be standing behind his mistake. I 'm definitely buying an MCX express. thanks for the info.

Ok i didn't want to do this but Dave has forced my hand. I recently bought a 270-400 turbo kit from Dave, and installed it on my 2015 viper. After the installation I was blowing the ISC fuse only at full throttle. I called Dave and he worked with me. He sent me a wiring diagram that ended up being wrong. We found this out later as I had swapped the wires to correct the problem, and it caused other issues. So I put the wires back, but the original problem of blowing the ISC fuse was still happening. After that i took it to the dealer to have them take a look at it. This is a nightmare as they use the turbo as a reason to void the warranty. Anyway they had the sled for three weeks and couldn't figure it out. Then one of my friends was able to get a ledgable set of prints for the sled. I was looking them over and noticed the fuel pump runs on the same fuse as the ISC motor. The 270-400 kit was sent with an in tank Walbro 400 pump to replace the stock pump. VIOLA that's it I said to myself. Since the new setup uses manifold vacuum/pressure reference, when the boost goes up so does the fuel pressure, causing more ampere draw, thus blowing the fuse.
So I called Dave to ask him what fuel pump I was suppose to be running. He says I think you got the inline pump right? I said no I have the in tank pump. Oh we changed the kit he says. He confirmed it was suppose to be a Walbro 400. Then he realizes his mistake and says just use a bigger fuse and all will be good. We will have to update the instructions to use a bigger ISC fuse. So I called the dealer to get my sled back ASAP, didn't tell them I had it figured out, just wanted it back. Well since they didn't figure it out they only charged me a minimal amount $200, but I know they had more time on it than that. Well that ended up being the fix, and I called Dave because I figured he would make good on the deal, but I was wrong. He seems to think nothing was his fault. He refused to pay and hung up on me :( I couldn't believe it he has been so good so far I was flabbergasted !
Anyway this problem has ruined over half of my season, the lousy $200 bucks for him not to pay is redicoulous. I should be getting paid for figuring it out, I spent many hours, and ended up figuring it out not Dave. I'm lucky it didn't take the dealer 12 hours, that would have been $1000 bill!!!!!

Well there are two sides to every story.Some of the points in this story are correct such as the sled was blowing the ISC fuse. Neither the owner ,the dealer or I made the connection between the ISC fuse and the fuel pump until the owner eventually figured it out.
Some of the points are incorrect in this story such as me sending an incorrect wiring diagram as part of the weekend telephone diagnostics.The wiring diagram was correct but the interpretation was not.
Some of the points have been omitted such as I offered to meet him half way and pay half of the $200 even though our opinions of who should pay differed.
After the last conversation on the phone,the discussion was turning argumentative.I stated that I wasn't interested in arguing about it.I had made the best offer that I was going to.He then intensified his argument.I then said that I now am going to stop arguing and that I am going to hang up the phone.He was still going when I did.
We have built 100's of turbo kits now and once in a while we find the need to improve something such as this intank fuel pump on the 400hp kit.I am not perfect though.Nobody is.No kit is.I personally get over 100 calls a day and about 90% of them are to PICK MY BRAIN about something including troubles with other turbo kits.I do my best to help.FOR FREE.In this case though I didn't know that the fuel pump would blow the fuse and NOBODY knew what the ISC fuse was, as stated by the owner.For that he wants me to pay.

Back